Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recently bought a yugo sks from the indy 1500 gun and knife show and found out that it holds 11 rounds instead of ten is this normal?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
If you mean ten in the ten round mag and one in the chamber...of, course, yes.

If you mean eleven in a ten round magazine, no.

I would guess something is wrong...perhaps a compressed magazine follower spring.

I just checked each of my SKSs and none of the four will take that eleventh round.

BTW...I opened your photobucket site with a bunch of general photos and I have no earthly idea what to look for.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about the photo i can't find the cord to the camera
and yes it is ten rounds + one in the chamber thanks.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,360 Posts
My first Norinco SKS would hold eleven in it's original magazine. Many owners have reported being able to do this. Sloppy Chinese manufacturing tolerances, I think.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My yugo M59 will hold 11 in the magazine, it's tight to get the 11th one in, not so tight I have to force it, but a little tighter than the 1st 10. I DON'T load 11 in there to shoot, just the normal 10( I use surplus stripper clips to load) There's another fellow at the range with a yugo M59 just like mine, his will take 11 rounds as well, I dunno why they do it.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Made me look! I'd never tried loading any more than the 10 in the stripper clip. My Yugo 59/66 won't even come close to letting that 11th round in the magazine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts