Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked at Samco's web site and they have SKS's in New Condition.
These are improved models by Zastava in 1966 for $209.00
I don't recall them saying there Yugos, does anyone know if there all milled parts and are these good ones.

I may order one if yall can give any positive info about them.
Thanks A.H

EDIT: I just called Samco and ask what country of origin these guns were made and she said Yugo and they had all milled parts.
I forgot to ask if improved meant refurbished to new condition...Whats yalls take on this ?
Do yall think they will have different numbers all over the gun ?...A.H

EDIT 2 : I called Samco back and she said these were not referbished and all numbers matched.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sounds good, AH. You thinking about adopting another?

·
Registered
256 Posts
AH, I believe the "improved" matter in '66 was the installation of night sights and a grenade launcher (which adds a little bit to the weight and makes them a no no in CA, but does make them look cooler). I bought one from AIM about a year ago in excellent/like new condition and it appeared to have never been fired (it's a Yugo and looks to be built like a tank). Go for it, they are great guns.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If I had $209 right now I would be buying it sounds like a good deal on a YUGO. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure do thank all of you...I'm waiting on a check to come, where I then can order it.
One of the reason I haven't already I think my wife thinks I've gone a little over board here lately because I have bought 6 guns withen in the past 3 months. LOL
She thinks I'm wasting my personal money LOL. I'll go buy her a sack of Donuts are something and give to her when the SKS comes in, if I order it ...A.H. LMAO
On 2nd thought I might outta go by my brothers Jewelry store and buy her another diamond something !!!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A distraction, good thinking. I suggest going for the diamond something. It will take the attention away from the new rifle and couldn'd be taken defensively as the donuts could. Ya just gotta think strategically, AH!:33:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Just do it, you won't regret it. SKS's are great.

A big +1 on the diamond ring. :)

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I bought a her a sack of Donuts I'd prolly be wear'um over my head and cooking my own meals !
And the Couch ain't that comfortable to sleep on ! lol

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
If I bought a her a sack of Donuts I'd prolly be wear'um over my head and cooking my own meals !
And the Couch ain't that comfortable to sleep on ! lol
That's what I figured. See? We G&G guys gotta look out for one another.
:stupid: < J/K

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found a yugo at a local gun shop in Excellent Grade condition which was sold to them by samco. They had so many they were giving them away $169. Not a bad deal. Were unissued also.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
A.H. think it through Brother, a diamond "Something" get serious. Take her for a romantic weekend to Branson , couple good shows, dinners out and stroll along the river down near the new mall now thats distraction (and a wee bit of bribery!) LOL Even order a half dozen roses delivered to the hotel room for her.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ezearln if I spend all my money do'in all that I want have enough money to buy the SKS !!!!
I maybe could manage to take her for a ride and then to TACO BELL...Do you thank that would work ???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I think that is a good deal on the Yugo too. Do you have a C&R FFL a.h.? Cause I figure you would have to pay a transfer fee and shipping. So by then you will have atleast another 40 bucks invested. Consider that before you buy.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Good Aim I will have to only pay for the gun and shipping. My next door neighbor has an FFL...

ezearln I sure think about it. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
504 Posts
The improved are the ones with night sights, and grenade launcher before that the Yugo's looked like any other SKS. Sounds like a pretty good price to me, and don't worry about the wife. When it comes in, hold it out to her and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY,I know its a little early but I couldn't stop thinking of you.
Of course don't be surprised if on your birthday you get new diamond earrings.:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts