close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SKS Price update 8/11/02

Discussion in 'SKS' started by Rave, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Just got back from a gun show in St. Pete.,Fl.
    Yugo,clean,150-180
    Romanian,clean,170-200
    Norinco,clean,200-350
    Russian....none
    Heard they had a show in Miami that prohibited private sales and they got eight violaters!
    It seems to me if you eliminate private sales at gun shows you might as well eliminate the show altogether as the ffl dealers charge retail and more and by the time you pay for parking and admission you have spent10 to 20 bucks just to look at the ripoffs.
    Gun shows just aren't fun any more!:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I went to a few in Melbourne..keep being told to go to the Orlando shows...seems that the vendors are chargeing a preimum price for stuff....I know people need to make a proffit...and us buyers want stuff for free argument....but I just cant justafie paying that much of a mark up. I tend to deal with SOG and have the 01 stuff sent to a local gun store...figure everyone wins.

3. A while back I talked to a friend of mine, who works in a gun store, about this very same issue...... the recent price escalation.

He was telling me that GOOD SKS's are getting hard to fine so, along with that goes the supply and demand theory...prices go up and if you want it bad enough....pay the price!

He was also telling me that when the SKS's first came out distributors were literally begging shops to market them. Now, he says, he has to call distributors and seldom does he find anything.

It's hard for me to understand that, with all the SKS type rifles made that they have all been gobbled up. Could be or could be someone...or a few someones......hoarding them to push up prices and then they'll let a few at a time out and demand premium prices.

He told me to watch for the price of 7.62 X 39 ammo going sky high too. We'll see on that one...seems like plenty of manufacturers of that ammo are out there to create a good competition.

As a sidenote...he said come first of September all back ground checks in Arizona are going through the FBI....interesting. Are all states going to that I wonder?

4. I wrote about this some time ago. The average price here fo a decent SKS is pushing $400. There is a sale on now for $168 for one that is beat up and they dont even look safe to fire. Buy em while you can. The days of a new SKS at $99 is gone. J&g still has ammo for $69 per 1,000 rounds. Once again, buy em now. On the bright side though, when an SKS or Mosin reaches the price of a Weatherby, I'll be rich!