Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
You mean file the chamber a bit? I would not do that. This problem sounds like a weak spring or somthing like that maby bending the feed lips up at the front would be a better solution but a stronger spring might work better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Heck just go back to the original 10rd one because they are the most reliable and reload twice as fast as removable mags. Your lucky to have 10 in canada I can only have a 5rd mag in my sks

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the plans to do it. Got them off the net somewhere I forget. Also have the plans to make it full auto but I do not intend to do that. In canada the mag conversion is totaly leagal ecept you have to have modified mags that only hold 5rds. I am tempted to do the conversion for the mags. The chinese sks runs at just over $100 canadian so if I wreck one rifle I have lots of spare parts. Looks simple enough but you have to make a totaly new mag catch and lots of fileing and milling with a dremil tool, but it can be done if you are good with tools and are verry carefull. Sucks to be in the us if you want the conversion but If I lived there I would just buy a ak. I cant give you the plans because I just printed them out and do not feel like typeing 5 pages and without the pictures you would be lost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.