Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a few q's about my Yugo SKS so I thought I'd lump them all into one post. This is my first SKS so please forgive if my q's are too obvious:D

1.)Ive noticed when cleaning my rifle, the button that releases the trigger housing is very hard to press. And when reassembling, the trigger group is extremely hard to snap back into posistion, to the point I have to lay it on the ground (trigger up) and push on it. This can't be normal right?

2.) I may have posted this before but here goes. I bought a 5 rnd aftermarket mag and it doesn't hold the bolt open after the last round. Do the original mags hold the bolt open? Also, Im having a hard time finding an original mag for my Yugo. Any ideas where I can get one online?

3.) Are the original mags interchangeable between rifles from different countries? Say a Norinco in my Yugo?

4.) Finally, is there any way to "limber up" the sks trigger pull?

Thanks a million yall!!! :right:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
#1 is the same experience as I, and I've disassembled many SKSs over time. That's how they made it. I usually use the tip of a phillips screwdriver instead of a bullet point. Just make sure it isn't laying on my lap...

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
Depends on the gun - some are tighter than others. I use the phillips screwdriver too - usually just takes a quick rap on the handle - 'pop!' goes the trigger pack.
The detachable mags may or may not hold the bolt open - depends on the follower design. It should have the tab on the back to lift the bolt latch.
The mags should interchange, but differences in actual manufacture may preclude this - you'll just have to try it and see.
Check Numrich, Cheaper Than Dirt, and other vendors to see if they have the SKS parts. Sometimes they have complete magazines available.
Some folks have dissassembled and slicked up their trigger assemblies - but it's some trouble, and not for the mechanically challenged!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts