Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen those SKS Scopes with the weaver rail that replace the black reciever cover on your SKS? They are 4 X 32 Magnification and I was wondering If anyone had one or if that magnification isn't any good for the rifle. I saw good deals on SKS packages on ebay. Something like the Scope, the new reciever cover, mounting rings, cleaning kit, manual, and 10 stripper clips for 49 bucks plus shipping. Has anyone put somethink like this on their SKS? Good or bad results? Thanks:right:

·
Registered
20 Posts
triplesixkoe; I put on the kit you mentioned a couple of years ago. The mounts are rugged, scope stays put, and it all works fine. Only problem is that the cross hairs are a little too coarse for fine aiming. Altogether tho, this is a good deal............stash_stan

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
If you get a receiver cover mount, make sure you get the kind with set screws to hold it firmly to the receiver.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
When it comes to the receiver scope mounts there are good and bad out there. I got a really bad one that would not hold zero after one shot and shook all over the place. I had to scrap it and get a different one with the set screws and it did all right after a few modifications. I took out the screws and put some JB weld on them and tightened them to the max. After that it seemed to hold zero like a champ.

There are thousands of different scopes that you can put on and of course you get what you pay for. I got the mount seperately and put a swat force scope on.

If you have the money the scout mounts are far better.

Here's a pic of mine click on it

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That isn't exactley the same as mine but it looks close. I couldn't tell you if it is a good one or not. Remember, don't get sold because they are selling you a cheap scope, it is the mount that matters. A scope wont do you much good if it cant't stay still and hold zero. I would research and find the absolute best mount and go with that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought just the scope mount and it works great.Just make sure you adjust
it right,it can make your bolt hang or not wrok as freely as it should.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just bought one that looks simular to that pic but a differnt scope "ncstar 4*30 sniper rectical"works great and keeps zero well has moa 100 yard incs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts