Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a yugo m59/66matching #s sks , and recently broke off the safety lever. how can I replace this?w/out replacing the entire trigger group. I really love this gun and want to keep the matching #s. thanx in advance.

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry bout that this is the first time ive done this

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
No problem at all...Im sure if you look on the internet market you might find something. Try to stay away from most aftermarket stuff, that is if they even make an SKS safety

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
safety lever

thanks i dont know why i didnt already do just that! found just what i needed $4.99 @copes distributing

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its strange im not rough with my guns i dont understand how i managed to do it either,its built like an anvil!!! and im not a drinkin man...

·
Registered
417 Posts
i was hunting up in the hills and when i finally had a shot i laid down to take it and my bipod collapsed and it fell at least 20 yards bouncing off rocks and landed in the dirts barrell facing straight up at me...the yugo didnt even have a knick...good thing i didnt take the safety off yet though

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
now that i think of it, i did take my buddy out shooting and the guy is a giant 6foot6 300 or so pounds and doesnt know his own strength he loved shooting that thing maybe that had something to do with it . he wasnt familiar with a sks . oh well it looks easy to fix. i guess i just drive out that little pin and replace the lever

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
As far as I am aware, the only way to replace the safety lever is to replace the entire trigger group. HOw the heck did you destroy the lever?

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
at its thinnest part it broke cleanly off, where it comes out behind the trigger, and i still dont get how i managed to do it...

as far as replacing that part it doesnt look too difficult i will need to drive out the pin , i dont think the lever is under spring pressure so maybe itll be easy .har har

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well what do ya know ...it was as easy as it looked! i got the part from copes, looked at it for awhile ,drove the pin out with a punch,replaced it with a thin nail, and then inserted the pin. a lot easier than i was expecting.woo hoo!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts