Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to finally shoot my SKS on semi auto. god is it fun! one question though. I thought the bolt would stay locked in the back position after the final shot? is this not so?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
It is with all my gun. But then mine is Norinco. I don't know if some other make is different. Seems like they'd all have that feature. It's really nice though. And yeah. They are fun to shoot!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,987 Posts
Check the back of the magazine area just under the boltface - there should be a small plunger that lifts to hold the bolt when the mag follower is fully up (the gun is empty). Maybe this plunger is dirty, or damaged?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idk. it doesnt make sense to me because if i pull the bolt back when the magazine is empty it locks it back. just doesnt seem to want to do it when the mag has bullets then runs out

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
nick,
your first post kinda confused me. You said "finally got shoot my SKS on semi auto" is there another setting on your sks?

·
Registered
43 Posts
SKS Lockback

Nick:

I use aftermarket 30-round mags in both my Yugo bullpup and my Norinco, and if I get just a bit of oil in the action, sometimes the last-round-holdback doesn't function.

I attribute the fact that you can manually get it to latch is because you aren't slamming the bolt back and then forward, as happens when you take a shot, and the system functions as it does; under pressure and very quickly!

KTF

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wasnt sure because i am using the stock 10 round magazine. i mean it doesnt really bother me because its not like im in war or a shooting contest so im in no hurrie. just was curious about it

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
recoil what? i put it back together the exact way it came. and wouldnt that mean it wouldnt cycle properly at all?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts