Sks sights upgrade

Discussion in 'SKS' started by kylek, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kylek

kylek G&G Newbie

I have an all original chinese sks form the late 50's in perfect condition. I was wondering if they made some type of peep sights that don't require drilling and tapping? I'm not looking for a scope either. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Google up "TechSights". They work well.

3. kylek

kylek G&G Newbie

The tech sights look pretty good. Do you use them with the original front sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Yes, I think so. A lot of SKS owners like them.

5. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

I have tech sights on mine. Spend the extra money and get the fully adjustable rear sight version.

6. warbladejm

warbladejm G&G Newbie

if you look on the tech sight page under accessories they offer a front sight with a thinner post

kylek likes this.
  7. Laufer

Laufer G&G Enthusiast

The TS200 is the fully-adjustable version for the SKS. I have one on my Chinese.
    Not only does the front sight hood circle form a clear ring just Inside the rear aperture's "ring", the front sight post's tip is centered within Both rings. Accurate shots at approx. 30-50 yards.

Don't know whether the shorter, so-called "Paratrooper" would present this "double ring" appearance in the sights.

My standard length Norinco has a 1" slip on pad, for better length of pull (LOP). I'm 5'11".

Only a few minor adjustments were needed when the TS200 was first installed. It is much more accurate than with the classic leaf sight.
    And it breaks up the blunt, blockish look of the old bolt cover, adding a little bit of the M-1 Garand's rear sight appearance.

8. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I'm not big on permanent mods. I probably would go with the williams sights UNLESS the SKS in question was already modded in such a way it wouldn't matter.

9. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I put the Williams Fire Sights on my Yugo. I like them very well.

Last time I shot it I did this.

[​IMG]

SKS NOOB likes this.