Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,260 Posts
Great on a yougo sks.
make sure you drop by the newbie section. Welcome party with cake.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,260 Posts
For yugo, the one that shook hands with sand paper. Seriously, I did a quick search as I don’t have direct experience and probly got the same results as you? Not a lot. Gotta hand it to ya for being direct.
don’t forget the cake dude. Cake rules here.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
In my opinion you spend $$$ on a replacement stock that most likely will perform poorly, there are ATI, Choate, etc all are equally lousy. Your Yugo stock is a dense wood and it has a rubber butt bumper and properly inlet, the fit and finish on the inletting is excellent, they are longer(slightly) than most SKS stocks and rugged as heck. They offer a good cheek weld for iron sights; if you plan on using a scope there are alternatives..
Polymer stocks on SKSs suck, they do not tend to offer a good barrel/action fit tightness and most likely will need to be fit. Save your $ and buy more ammo! The stock you have unless messed up will work fine..

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I do like the tapco stocks on the Chicom SKS. The yugo stock, as mentioned already, is a well made and fitted stock, and has a nice rubber butt plate Installed. I really don’t think you can improve upon the Yugoslav stock by going aftermarket. I wish the factory 26 Chicom had as nice a stock, there would be no need for a tapro.

·
Registered
691 Posts
In my opinion you spend $$$ on a replacement stock that most likely will perform poorly, there are ATI, Choate, etc all are equally lousy. Your Yugo stock is a dense wood and it has a rubber butt bumper and properly inlet, the fit and finish on the inletting is excellent, they are longer(slightly) than most SKS stocks and rugged as heck. They offer a good cheek weld for iron sights; if you plan on using a scope there are alternatives..
Polymer stocks on SKSs suck, they do not tend to offer a good barrel/action fit tightness and most likely will need to be fit. Save your $ and buy more ammo! The stock you have unless messed up will work fine..
I agree, our Chinese Type 56, Russian SKS45 and Yugo 59/66A1 all are in original wood and we have never considered changing to anything ese. My Yugoslavian SKS is as heavy as a Garand but I'll deal with it.

I love steel and wood!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I have gone back and forth between the stocks. When the riots hit last year in down town Minneapolis, I put the wooden stock back on mine because I could use it for riot control IF it came my way. Fortunately, it didn't.

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
I actually like the Yugo stock better than any of them.
And the last Chinese SKS I had I fitted a Yugo stock to it as frankly with my build I can't stand the regular chinese stock proportions nor the weak wood that was on that particular one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts