Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie when it comes to my sks so this may be a dumb question. Is there any difference in sks stripper clips. I think I read somewhere on G&G that some newer ones were junk and milsurp were the only ones that worked.
If so, where's a good place to buy them?

Is there any "trick" to using them or are they idiot proof? (I hope!)

Also, are sks and AK 7.62X39 stripper clips interchangable?

:uzi: :gangster: :flame: :full: :assult:

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I believe we were referring to the Mosin Nagant strippers as the aftermarket ones being Junk. SKS strippers are all Milsurp as far as I know and cheap, but they are 10 round, reusable, spring loaded, and they seem to work pretty good. With the right adapter for the AK magazines, the SKS strippers will work, but most of the adapters I have seen are junk, I weld extra metal to the backstrap on the adapters to keep em from bending when you insert the Stripper and give it a push! They are simple, and idiot proof fro the most part.
They are available lots of places.
Rich

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Every time I go to a gun show, there are always lots of people selling SKS stripper clips. They usually come in bags of twenty and covered in cosmo. A little 409 cleaner and happy shooting. They work very well. Just put them throught the groove in the reciever and push down on the bullets.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
iflylow74 said:
So pretty much any sks stripper clip is as good as the other?
Yes, They are ! I've never had a bad one ! It amazes me that U.S. Military strippers weren't made to be reused,ie-the little tabs break off, falling into the action sometimes...The foreigners got us beat on them !

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
THat is a very good deal. THe only thing I don't like about them is that their shipping costs are a little up there unless you order a bunch of stuff. But, what ya gonna do

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sks forever said:
THat is a very good deal. THe only thing I don't like about them is that their shipping costs are a little up there unless you order a bunch of stuff. But, what ya gonna do
Yeah I just figured that out. The stupid shipping is more than the item cost! I cancelled the order and Im going to look elsewhere!!:uzi:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mooseman684 said:
Centerfire systems has 20 for 4.97 and 100 for 19.97 and they will mail them to you which should be cheap! 1-800-950-1231
Awww maannn!! I just paid $7.35 with shipping for 10 from ebay!

I'm definitly an impulse buyer! Thanks anyway Moose. :D

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
iflylow74, I've got 20 of them plus around 200 rds of assorted ammo including 30 rds of the hard to find brass-cased boxer-primed Lapua plus a few accessories. If you are interested, PM me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a bunch of them at an army/navy surplus store years ago for $1.00 a dozen . I now only use them to keep my loose ammo stores neat . They don't seem to work well with 30 round mags detachables .

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
toolman said:
iflylow74, I've got 20 of them plus around 200 rds of assorted ammo including 30 rds of the hard to find brass-cased boxer-primed Lapua plus a few accessories. If you are interested, PM me.
Thanks toolman. I'm probably set for not because I only have about 100 rounds or so. I will get back to you after I pick up some more ammo.:cheer:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got my stripper clips in yesterday! Took me a minute to figure out how to use them but now, I like them much better than using the big mags.

BTW, I've got a 40 round mag if anyone is interested. Just PM me!!!
:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I was hoping this post was about strippers:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hey Joe, there is a tasteful bar right down the street from me called Tens. Lets go, I'm buying. :nod:

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,219 Posts
Thats me beeping outside right now...:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts