Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put the trigger assembly back into my sks but the hammer is not in an upright position. How do I release the hammer so I can reassemble my SKS. I took out the assembly and the hammer was vertical, now it is lying in a cocked position and will not go forward. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
It doesn't need to be in the forward position. How on earth did you get it there taking it apart? In order to get the bolt assembly out you have to cock it. Anyway, is your safety off? If the safety is off, it won't let you put it back together. And just so you know even though it shouldn't have any effect on putting your assembly back on the rifle, there it a little finger thing sticking up out of the top of the front part of the assembly. It has to be pushed halfway down before you can fire it. Push it too far and it locks back up. It's like a secondary safety when the rifle isn't put together. When the rifle is assembled, your bolt will push it down when the bolt slides forward.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I got a little panicked. It's fine now. On the other hand I have the tapco stock set arriving today and I was reviewing the instructions on how to take the hand guard off of the gas tube. The pix on the tapco site differ from mine. On my gas tube the mounts do not remove (as the mounts are permanently affixed to the gas tube) and I am not able to remove the hand guard. Where can I get a new gas tube that doesn't have a scope mount etc. attached? Just a plain ol' gas tube would be perfect. To clarify I have a Norinco if that helps.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Well mine is Norinco as well, and the gas tube came right off. You have to remove one pin with a punch and a hammer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts