Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can't take this any longer, I must have an SKS.
Which ones are the most desirable ?
Classic Arms has a limited stock of Yugo's in excellent condition.
Are these the choice one's to have ?
All info about them would be nice to.
Thank you A.H

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well everyone has there favorites Russian,Chi-Com etc. but you want find any of those at online dealers the YUGO's are pretty much it unless you find something on gunbrokers or at a gun show or local shop, don't pay over $400 for a Russian tops everything else pretty much falls under that price. I have a YUGO that I've had 2 years original condition except for new gas valve shoots 1/2" groups at 50 Yds. with handloads. The YUGO is allot beefier than all the others plus a few extras such as rubber recoil pad, ability to launch dummy/pratice grenades except CA and excellent rear sight. I wouldn't wait to long there getting pretty thin. Classic is a good guy fair price and will do you right if you have a problem. Hand loading and accuracy with the SKS

Samco Global Arms, Inc.--Rifles

SKS 59/66<br>Excellent Condition<br>Part #SKSGUN07 - SKSGUN07

SKS Rifles

Also after you get your new SKS beside the forum you can go here to learn all about how to take care of it. just look on the right hand side for all the articles. If you happen to need a new gas valve CNC Warrior :: 59/66 Yugo SKS Gas Valve $9.99 there about $10 plus another $1.50 to mail it to you.

Collecting and Shooting the SKS Carbine - HISTORY

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
res45 awsom and thank you for this wealth of information...A.H

I just thought of this and i've never heard this mentioned here.
A friend I have and a friend of his took a wire and did such and such to the wire and made there
SKS's fire full auto and you could let go the trigger and it would stop fireing.
My friend did away with the wire in his due to it being illegal.

I don't want to know how it's done, but has anyone ever heard you can do this ???

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
JUst google it. Info is supposedly out there; however Gun&Game and its owners, administrators and users comply fully with BATF and GCA of 1968 and any other BS laws concerning this matter and do not discuss or promote this type of activity.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are books on how to convert almost any semi-auto to full auto "for reference only" and I understant that generally it is something simple like that.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
AH I have seen Yugos go for 99$ at a gun show. Not bad.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Cheapest I've seen is About $160 in nice condition.

·
Registered
723 Posts
There are books on how to convert almost any semi-auto to full auto "for reference only" and I understant that generally it is something simple like that.

Don't you wind up on some list with a bread truck parked in front of your house for months and the black Suburbans following you around for buying books like that?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
All good info AH. I just got a Yugo last week from Century Arms. Called and talked to a sales rep and told him I wanted a nice Yugo to complement my Russkie Tula and my Chi-Com. Received a "excellent rated" (and was) Yugo for 169.00 +Ship. (also got a "excellent" Mosin 91/59 and a couple of pellet guns, all shipped together) There"s nice ones still out there, but like everything else, need to get'em while the get'ins good!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was going to buy a yugo sks on line and when I went to my dealer to get his FFL info, he sold me a NIB with bayonet and gernade launcher for $129.00. Now just gotta find some decent ammo.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yugo's are great, I love the grenade launchers on them you just use blanks & pratice grenades, lock off the gas valve and let that thing fly. I put a paper plate out in the middle of the range & see who can get closest to it. I've got 5 pratice grenades painted differnt colors.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Say I just looked at the 3rd web site res45 has in his post and I saw a stock called the SKS Fiberforce stock black matte color part #STKSK502 $ 59.99 that looks like it would look real good on a SKS do any of you remove the original stock and replace with an aftermarket like the one I mention above ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
A buddy of mine has the fiberforce stock on his sks and it looks real good. I ordered one for mine last night.
What kind of scope mount is the best for these rifles?

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the S&K mini 14 mount and really like it. I am looking at the S&K drill & tap mount for the sks. Just gotta find a gunsmith that can do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The most desirable SKS are the Russians but are also the most expensive. Chinese are great and accurate. The Yugo M59/66 are excellent and start at I believe $149 at samco global. I personally have the Yugo M59/66 and I can tell you I get under 1 inch groups at 100 hundred yards. The Yugo M59 with out the gernade launcher is a collectors item considering almost every M59 was converted to the M59/66 in 1966. Just a fact when buying a SKS buy the one with Cosmoline on it, this means it was an unissued SKS and have a excellent bore.

P.S. If you do happen to order one from Samco Global go with the Excellent grade of special select you won't be dissapointed. Don't worry about Cosmo Mineral spirts and a paint brush takes it of like notheing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts