close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slam Fire

Discussion in 'SKS' started by SwedeSteve, Jul 5, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

You just need to ensure that you can hear or feel the firing pin rattling in the bolt.

2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Thx !

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

David's post(s) are proof he is not mature enough to be allowed on gunandgame.com. Flaming is another word for it. I will do everything in my power to ban you from this forum. You should get your bags packed.

Ox

4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yeah, only Mod I knew was Billy. They should list the mods for the sections somewhere. Or do they, and I'm just missing it?

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Thank You OX!!!!

6. gandog56

I'm a thinking any SKS with a free floating pin is prone to it.

7. gandog56

I'm hoping it just that he's young an too immature and will learn better. But I have a feeling it is not to be.

8. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I just went back and re read his posts including his PM to Swede. I just can not believe anyone would post something like that anywhere let alone here. I hope I never see another post by that child again!

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

This has been an excellent thread. Lots of good information has been posted which could be valuable to others in similar situations.

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

gandog56...I was not referring to you when I wrote: "The person writing this post could be charged with a violation of law." Please note that I was referring to David's threatening PM to you that was posted.

Ox

11. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

I have a 308 that had a heavy fireing pin and the recomended shooting surplus military ammo, some threads had info about installing a titaneum fireing pin ($90) the price seemed high, so slightly blunted the tip and added a return spring on the (MAS 49/56 French) a big brother to the SKS in allot of ways the fireing pin is easy to remove from the MAS and the gas inpingement type system are two big differences.

12. gandog56

You can read PM's? Well, I'm glad I toned down my reply to him! I never did call him names or even implied anything here. But a PM like he sent me was a scary thing.

13. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

He's been banned. We can all forget him for now.

14. mym1a

mym1a G&G Newbie

I have never had one yet, my rifle reloads are used with cci34 primers never had a slam fire with surplus ammo either yet??????

15. gandog56

Well, I've only fired maybe 350 or so rounds so far. But no slamfires yet.

16. marion57

marion57 G&G Newbie

+1 it can happen to anyone owning a SKS that isn't equiped with the old type firing pin spring

17. SwedeSteve

I think the bottom line is either you stay on top of the situation (keeping the firing pin and bolt uber-clean) or put the Murray Mod in your SKS. I went with the mod because as I stated, others shoot my Norinco.

18. Or sell your SKS and buy a pet potbelly pig!

19. SwedeSteve

LHS- I am a pot-bellied pig !! So watch it !!

20. gandog56

Yeah, pig discrimination!