close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slightly loose gas tube

Discussion in 'SKS' started by Ziggy62, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Hello to everyone I have three SKS's the one is a 1964 M59 and the gas tube wiggled very slightly from side to side even the wood not just the tube itself. I am wondering if the retainer itself for the wood attachment to the tube itself. I have fired about 120 rounds in the gun it functions properly but my other Yugo was made in 1966 is tight as my "53" Tula. Is something I should not worry about it's not like I am shooting the gun all the time but I would like opinions on this and a solution if needed. Thank you Bill Z Roadman55@verizon.net

gsbuickman likes this.
  2. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Not sure about the SKS, but on an AR, if they get loose then they don't match up well to the BCG and then you get a lot of FTFs. I've replaced a lot of gas tube/gas block combinations.

Sorry if this is irrelevant to your post

gsbuickman likes this.

3. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

If the wood is wiggling, and it's shooting fine, you have no worries. It would NOT cycle correctly if the tube was loose.

animalspooker and gsbuickman like this.
  4. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Yep, I've seen and had a couple different SKS's that were the same way but operated fine. it's commonplace for the hand covers to slightly roll left to right on the gas tubes, but the gas tubes themselves are seated in place.

SKS NOOB likes this.
  5. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    I bet there's a lot of G&G members who have some loose gas tubes.

gsbuickman and PaleHawkDown like this.
  6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I see what you did there.

gsbuickman and animalspooker like this.
  7. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    BTW, welcome to the group Ziggy 62. I hope you come by often and join in the fun and sometimes foolishness that is Gun 'n' Game.

gsbuickman likes this.