close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sling swivels & peep sight parts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Orion, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Orion

Orion G&G Newbie

cold
    I am looking for savage model '99 authentic sling swivels and the fold down peep sight aperature for a lyman no.1 tang sight.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002
  2. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Keep checking the auction sites (that includes E-Bay!!) The guys from 24 Hour Campfire.com are always coming up w/Lyman stuff.....sorry that I can't come up w/anything solid on swivals. What vintage/model year are you searching for? Do you have Murray's book, it would help I.D. which model and year?
    JimT

3. Orion

Orion G&G Newbie

cold
    savageT, thanks for the tip on 24 Campfire.com.
    The swivels are for a model 1899 in 300 savage manufactured in 1937. The tang sight aperature is for the tang sight on the same rifle.

4. savageT

savageT G&G Newbie

Orion,
    I believe that if your rifle was made in '37 it was NOT an 1899. Savage stopped making 1899's around 1926/27.

Can you describe the gun to us....bbl. length, type of sights, etc.(Check out <savage99.com> site for photos) location/description of all lettering, shape of forearm and buttplate, with or without pistol grip, checkering, takedown or solid barrel. You mentioned a peep-tang sight....did it have a Lyman 1A originally, or added later? Lets see if we can get a better I.D.
    JimT