slings

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Riccardo, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Riccardo

Riccardo Guest

Ciao, who is the best producer there in the USA of the M 1907 leather sling replica ? I find in the web TURNER LEATHER SLING that i think they made quite good quality, any suggestions ? thanks Ciao Ric

2. 30Cal

30Cal Guest

If you are looking for a M1907 replica sling, the surplus "MRT" slings are fine.

Turner's sling is an extra high quality sling geared towards match shooters--you can use it extra hard and it will not stretch even after several seasons. If you don't shoot matches or use the sling ALOT for actual shooting, it's probably a bit overkill.

Ty

3. I found a 1918 military sling in excellent condition for $25.00. Once you find a military sling, you'll be totally spoiled!

Would like to find one more for my 1943 CMP M1.

4. Riccardo

Riccardo Guest

Ciao thanks for your reply, here in italy it is not easy to find an original one in good condition, and the price are terrible high ( 100 $ about )
    Does MRT have a web sites ?

ciao Ric

5. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Guest

Riccardo, I've got a 1996 MRT sling that I oiled up using baseball glove oil and except for the non brass clips on it, it resembles a WWI/WWII sling very closely. I've had nice comments on it.
    Good luck!
    Dave T