slug vs. harley cop

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by billy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

yesterday on the way home from work.
    i was at a stoplight and there was a pleasant looking young cop on his Harley next to me.
    we looked at each other and he smiled and sad hi.
    in response i revved up the fearsome f134 (they don't call it a hurricane for nuthin)
    and challenged him to a race.
    once he got done laughing he said SURE!
    he was still chuckling as we went our separate ways.:wavey:

it's the little things.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. billy

i think the throaty roar of 72 unbridled horsepower disconcerted him
    and he was laughing nervously to hide his discomfort.

3. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I think you got that right, there Billy. Cops ain't like us....they make act tough when their buddies are around but challenge them.....at least he knew when he was whupped! :09:

4. billy

i asked the same thing to a biker on a beautiful old indian one time.
    his response?
    not where you are goin!

5. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

LOL!!! Off road that slug is KING!

I remember one day when I was in college I was driving a matronly Ford Grenada. Complete with bug screen across the front and everything. As I was stopped at a stop light a new Firebird pulled up beside me and challenged me. Little did he know that that Ford had a hefty V8 purring under the hood. Long story short I left him sitting at the stop light! All he had to say was "...I didn't think that thing would be that fast!"

6. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Mornin Billy.....That there police man was just plain jealous of your famous ride.....LOL

Sure makes my day also as some police are good guys,i met one just Saturday at a fishing hole and this guy was cool, we talked for a while and never once was he or myself out of line.....It happens.....LOL...

7. billy

if yer gonna drive a grenada
    ya might as well stuff a big ol V8 in it!

8. My Big ol Delta 88 has that 307 V-8 4bbl under the hood, quiet as can be, but she'll walk away from just about anything else on the road and when she grabs that overdrive gear well lets just say she flies!

9. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

We have cops in our shop all the time. Some are really great guys and gals. Every once in awhile we get one of the "Gestapo" types. They usually don't come back by !!

10. billy

wait'll my hotrods done.
    302v8 in a 2000 lb. car.:headbang:

11. sncstealth

sncstealth G&G Newbie

i got a 134 fhead in my garage lol

12. god&guns

god&guns G&G Newbie

MN
    thats just awsome! it IS the little things

13. Ain't no more fun than cruising around in a Jeep and getting looks of envy. But then I am driving a lot newer CJ5 with a snorty little 304 V8. Kinda warm today at around a 100+ degrees.

14. This makes me wish I still had the Triumph TR7 with the with the full blown Buick V6 in it. Rocket!

15. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

All this talk of fast vehicles makes me want to get the 351 Windsor built so I can cram it in my 92 Explorer... What fun that will be!

16. Kaybe

Kaybe G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    A friend of mine used to win alot of races with his Volkswagon bug with the Porsche motor in it. No one knew......

17. Ballbearing

Ballbearing G&G Evangelist

I used to drive a Granada. It was comfortable, had good a/c, a good heater and a good radio. It's straight-six engine didn't use a whole lot of gas and the car always got me where I needed to go. Sure, outside it was as ugly as homemade soap, but in all other respects, it was a peach. If I had only kept that car and kept driving it, I'd be a lot richer now. But no, I got horsepower fever and went searching for something fast and sleek. What I found was two expensive lemons that constantly gave me nothing but trouble. I learned my lesson, now if it runs great, I don't mess with it, I leave it that way. No modifications, not so much as a set of high performance spark plugs. Just keep the oil changed, the gas tank filled and proper air pressure in the tires, and drive it.

18. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist

I went through a series of new trucks, then I grew a brain and just paid cash for a 7 year old truck and haven't had a car payment since. I'll drive it till the wheels literally fall off.

19. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

If you want speed, shoe-horn a 440 Magnum w/ a 6-pack into a 1974 Plymouth Duster/Dodge Demon.

You have to take out the inner fender wells...

But a 6-Pack on full bore in a light car!!! WOOF!!

Nobody expected that old car to be a 9.8 second screamer :D

I miss being young, and bulletproof...

Wow, my 4500th post :D

20. billy

really the f134
    makes more of a percolating sound mixed with random farts-n-hiccups....