Small pin for retaining the rear locking pin

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Paper, May 11, 2008.

1. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

The little spring loaded pin that holds the rear retaining spring.. Can anyone give me the dimensions for it? I dropped mine :34: and I can't find it, so I'll make one out of stainless weld wire.
    Anyway, can anyone give me approximate dimension of the tiny pin?

2. Kismet

Kismet G&G Newbie

You DROPPED the pin?

oh gawd.:stupid:

(talked with him, turns out it is not his fault. He's blaming gravity. Says he was just abiding the law.)

Last edited: May 12, 2008

3. Paper

I need a fake nOOb for posts like this.. That's for sure..

Ignore Kismet..

Dimensions, Please??

4. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Rake a magnet across the floor or the carpet. You may be lucky. I have a long bar magnet just for that type of situation. Lucky it's not a grenade pin, or you would get no sleep....:)

5. Paper

Tried the magnet and empty vacuum cleaner tricks already..
    I have access to 1/16th, 3/32, and 1/8" stainless TIG welding rod that I can cut to any length. I'm guessing it's around 3/32" and around 1/4" long..

6. Are you talking about the takedown pin detent? If so why bother? A new takedown pin is $4 or the detent with spring is $2 or less. Isn't that part staked in?

7. Paper

The part I lost was what staked it. It's the small pin that goes into the detent on the takedown pin.
    Like I said, I made one from a pc of stainless welding rod.. Matter of minutes, with no shipping charges, gas charges, or time spent trying to explain to someone on the phone what I was after..
    Come to think of it, I got paid to make it, too..