close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smith 645

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Just tested my customized 645 Smith& Wesson. It shoots really good. You feel ike you're on an episode of Miami Vice when you hear it go off. All kidding aside, it's really a nice shooter and brutally strong...just HEAVY. This pistol was a LE trade-in. Glad I didn't have to carry it on a daily basis!

Jesse :D

2. Cuzzin Mitch

Cuzzin Mitch G&G Newbie

Hey Jesse! I never was much of a fan of S&W autos.
    But I dearly love those old N frames!I have several... from a hard chromed 1937 Brazilian contract
    2nd model to a early 90's 4in. blued M27-3.My favorite N frame is probably my 45 ACP HE Target model of 1950.
    I did have a model 39-2 back in the early 80's but traded it off.But now I'm a fan of their autos cause a month or so ago, I picked up a 3rd generation M-5906 fer a song from a feller at a gunshow.This thing will drive tacks over the bench
    with Federal 124gr. hydroshock +P+ loads.
    A lot of people turn their beaks up at the mention of S&W, but they are American owned now so I figure bygones are bygones and there was'nt a prettier handgun made than those old N frames.
    Good shootin to ya cuzzin. Later, yer cuzzin Mitch.

3. Joe B.

Joe B. G&G Newbie

Hey Jesse, they are nice autos. Ive got a 4506 that has been a great gun. I dont think the thing has ever had a malfuntion, not that comes to mind anyway. Nice shooting and very accurate. I have 2 sets of Hogue grips, wood(really nice looking), and the black neoprene. Ive been kicking around the idea of a 45 super modification. You said your 645 was customized, what did you have done?

Joe

4. Jesse

Anyone shoot the 645's or the 4506's?

5. I bought a 645 for my father's birthday years ago when they were new (1987 I think) He is a revolver man but, I always seem to catch him carrying that when he is carrying concealed. hmmmm. They are a nice weapon and I think they are one of S&Ws best autos.

6. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I only have a 4013 Jesse.

7. Jesse

Well the 645/4506 S&W autos are underrated and somewhat unappreciated. I really love mine! Right now I am having new sights installed on it.

8. aliasswamper

aliasswamper G&G Newbie

S & W Model 645

Hello to one and all. This is my first post on this forum. I recently bought a very nice Model 645 and carried it to my gunsmith for a general checkup and to see if he can improve the trigger pull. He told me that he cannot find any custom parts for it. I had asked him about a new trigger and hammer assembly and most especially new sights so that I can see them a little better. I have seen a couple of posts about fellow gun nuts customizing their 645's. A better guide rod would also help things.

Somebody please tell me that parts for the 645 can be obtained and where to find them. Anything that will make the weapon look better and perform better will be much appreciated. If you know some sources, please e-mail me at aliasdoa@wayxcable.com. Thanks for your time and help. Gary Sanford

9. ShooMac

ShooMac G&G Newbie

Welcome to G&G, aliasswamper!
    I am sure that there are other fans of the S&W 645/4506 here at G&G who can share some info with you. Just hang out and keep posting!