Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came into a Smith Corona and also a Remington 1903-A3and need some ammo for these rifles. Anyone know where I can buy the ammo?
Also anyone know the value of these guns?

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Today 07:46 AM
alfie1 I just came into a Smith Corona and also a Remington 1903-A3and need some ammo for these rifles. Anyone know where I can buy the ammo?
Also anyone know the value of these guns?
Alfie...I have a Springfield 03A3...Remington Arms Co, dated 9/43.

30.06 Ammo for it can be bought at most gun shops. In particuilar, I buy most of mine at Cabela's.

Regarding it's value...there's several variable's to consider such as:

-Are all parts original?
-Stock condition
-Receiver condition
-Barrel condition
-Serial number...
-Is it a "wall hanger" or a useable rifle?

As a general answer regarding it's value, I wouldn't sell mine for under $800-$1,000. Actually, I wouldn't sell mine for any amount...unless someone got really carried away on their offer...because it was given to me by my father in law many years ago.

Good luck.

Ox

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have 2 and one was a remington both are orignal and work well bolt is smooth and barrel looks good. Are the value of both about the same? I plan on keeping one.

I could hunt with either rifle and would nt hesitate to shoot them. Want some ammo to try them out, but didn't know the ones to use

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
alfie1 said:
I could hunt with either rifle and would nt hesitate to shoot them. Want some ammo to try them out, but didn't know the ones to use
dont know about the hunting ammo question but good ammo for plinking is the korean stuff. i have always gotten a good batch of it :right:

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Most any major brand of commercially produced ammo is fine for them and for hunting purposes.

I, however, load my own precision loads for my A3s and they have a particular load each likes best.

They are a fine example of American weaponry with a great history.

I wouldn't part with either of mine for no amount of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought 150 grain reminton 30-06 shells for my smith corona, they seem to work just fine
and work well for hog or deer on most any large game hunting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts