Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 ACP Love it, Hate it,....

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson' started by jwernecke, Oct 2, 2010.

Your opinions please.

1. LOVE IT!!!!

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. HATE IT!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Like it.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Not fond of it.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Undecided...

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Who has one? Seen one? Held one? Want one? What do you like, hate, pros, cons......

2. cheapsandwich

cheapsandwich G&G Newbie

held one, I like it. waiting to see how reliable it is before I pick one up for ccw, which I think it be perfect for. My wife loves it and is wanting it for Christmas.

3. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It's been on backorder for ever through our distributor so I haven't seen or held one. However I do believe that I would prefer it to the non- safety types.

4. Seen it, but voted not fond of it as I'm not a big fan of the .380. I'll take my M&P 9mm instead.

5. Dixie girl

Dixie girl G&G Newbie

Got the feel of one yesterday. I must say, it feels wonderful! Its actually a bit bigger than a lot of other .380s Ive gotten a hold of, and I like the fact that it has a safety. The major downfall that I saw, and it may have just been the particular one I was handling, was the laser. It was a pain in the bum to get that thing on and off. I had to let go of the gun with one hand and physically force the thing to turn on/off. The guys at Bass Pro dont like to take off the trigger guards, so I wasnt able to get a feel for the trigger pull, which I really wish I couldve. Ive been looking at this one for awhile now...but from the one I handled yesterday, Id pass. I know, its just a laser, but why spend that kind of money if one of the functions doesnt work.

6. Scfrontier

Scfrontier G&G Newbie

I have one with about 400 rounds through it. I love it, no malfunctions at all. Best 380 on the market in my opinion. I forget about it in my pocket. Better to have 7 rounds of 380 with me at all times than have a 9 or 45 sitting at home cuz its too big to carry.

7. don5544

don5544 G&G Evangelist

I have owned 2 S & W semi auto pistols. Both were junk. I own 3 S&W revolvers and all are great.

The first was back in the 70's. It was a model 59 in 9mm. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

The second was a Sigma 380 from the early 90's. Took it to a gun smith to see if he could get it to run right.

8. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

Colorado
    I am interested in one for cc once I get my permit. It's between this and the ruger lcp

9. If I feel my M&P 40C is too big, I'll just slide my 642 in my pocket. 5 Rounds af .38Sp +P is enough to protection in most cases.

Although, in some cases, I carry the 38 in my pocket AND the 40C / 9mm full size M&P in a behind the back holster.

Certain areas of town need extra precauctions when not avoidable.

10. 22plinker

22plinker G&G Addict

The one that I held (dry fired) didn't have any "issues" with the on/off button for the laser. It has a detent, but not difficult to use. Yours may have been stuck or something wrong with it. Don't judge by one item. I already have a SIG P238 so held the bodyguard just to compare. It has a nice feel & a great price, much less than my P238 (without a laser)

11. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit G&G Evangelist

I have the Ruger LCP. I don't know why they'd put a laser on a gun that small, I wouldn't really end up paying much attention to it. Plus, with the kick of that gun, I ended up aiming about 2" lower than where I wanted to hit and then was able to hit the right spot almost every time after that. I looked at the KelTec and Taurus too. Ruger won because I knew the name, had other Rugers and it was raspberry. I have shot the KelTec and saw no difference whatsoever in how the gun shot. I have looked at the BodyGuard, it looks really nice. Will probably have a hard trigger pull like the Ruger, but after a few shots you'll get the feel of it.