Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Sniper 2 last week. During the movie, the weaponless-sniper is shown a cache of "antiques", he picked up a rifle and called it a "Mauser seven-nine-two". He said it was the best sniper rifle ever made and proceeded to use it the rest of the movie. At the time, I ranted and raved that it looked like a Mosen-Nagant.
This bothered me enough a week later to "google" the movie. Guess what, I was right!
Sniper 2 (2002) (TV) - Goofs
Did anyone else notice this??? I wonder why. It is not like Mausers are in short supply. It is also not like the case for the Mosin being the "best sniper rifle ever made". Am I over anal-yzing?

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Hey Joker, At least you did catch it !
Did you also notice that the Rifle He picked up had No scope, But when he used it, it did... How did he ever Sight it in ?????LOL
Rich

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...One point I thought he was fitting a scope to it and I wondered the same thing. How was he going to test fire/sight in the scope without being caught. Actually, it was not too bad a movie...kind of predictable.

I've always been a little anal about such things. Since as a boy watching black and white movies where the Germans flew in to attack the B-17's in P-51's painted black with white swastika's on the tails.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
My Dad who was a P51 ACE would get upset at that as well, but he figured we had just shot up all of the German Air force so bad that they couldnt fly what was left of the German Planes....LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts