Sniper Consperacy ???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Like most of you all I read / watch the news...and in terms of this sniper thing...I just have a weird feeling that who ever they eventualy convict of it...or find dead after a stand off with police will be so solidly stero typical that it will seem perfect. Initaly they said that they were looking for a "Milita Member with mental health issues" late it became people with "olive skin"....I almost get the feeling that when this scum is captured we will get either

1. Joe milita member..complete with NRA bumper stickers...Turner Diaries book on the nite stand, gun show purchased AR-15 (with hi cap magazine, night vision scope and converted to full auto parts) and a white power tattoo on his forehead.

or

2. Mike the muslime...complete with turbin...pic of Bin Lauding on his dresser...Koran placed next to his flight school books and all the related muslim type items.

I just get the feeling that the fit will be "perfect"....like the goverment is watching the poles and trying to decide what the public would like the sniper to look/be like..

The other think thats been bugging me...the witness that said it was an AK-74....now I dont know maybe the witness is just very observent...but it seems weird to me that from 100+ yards at night...with a rifle pointing at you...that you/me/anyone would be so calm as to be able to spot the minor diffrences between an AK-47 and an AK-74...but then too if you could make that distinction then why could this witness give a discription of the sniper????????

Just bugging me....seems to "perfect" to open ended the "leads" that make the news so sterotypical....ie whit male, former Marine...Former Milita member with mental health issues.....Male with olive skin.....kinda like the FBI is going of cat your vote America who do YOU want the sniper to be?

Ok Ill take my meds and stay off the conspericy boards...wear my tin foil hat...but I would like you'alls input on this.:p

2. Doglips

Doglips Guest

Pic of the AK-74

I cut and pasted this from a web site...notice that the AK-74 has only 2 MINOR diffrences...and you ait gona notice them at 100 yards....unless you were told what to say????? Would most people go..it was an AK or AK47....then through ballistics the Police come up with it must be an AK-74 because of the claber????? Sorry this just buggs me for some reason...

The AK-74 is basically an AKM rechambered and rebored to fire a 5.45mm cartridge. Externally, it has the same general appearance as the AKM, with two notable differences. It has a distinctive, two-port muzzle brake, giving it a slight greater overall length than the AKM. It also has a smooth plastic magazine which is slightly shorter and is curved to a lesser extent than grooved metal AKM magazine. It uses the same type of bayonet as the AK series weapons.
    There is also a folding stock version, designated AKS-74, which has a Y-shaped, tubular stock. The stock has an extremely narrow buttplate, as opposed to the T-shaped, stamped-metal buttstock of the AKMS.

The AK-74 fires 5.45x39mm ball, ball-tracer, and incendiary-tracer rounds. The 5.45mm round of the AK-74 has a considerably higher muzzle velocity than the 7.62mm round of the AKM; this eliminates the range-limiting drawback of its predecessor. Like the AKM, the AK-74 has a maximum sight setting of 1000 meters, but the effective range is 500 meters.

The muzzle brake on the AK-74 uses a fluidic devicer to minimize recoil and muzzle climb. Although the AK-74 is somewhat heavier than the AKM when empty, its loaded weight is slightly less than that of the AKM; this is due primarily to the plastic magazine and its smaller caliber ammunition. Like the AK and AKM, the AK-74 can mount a grenade launcher and a passive image intensifier night sight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2002

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The witness has been discredited (he'll find out what perjury means!) so the whole "AK74" thing is out the window. Still, if they have a case or two, they know the type of weapon the perp is using. :mad:

4. From what I gather the agencies involved have been assuming the weapon used was a M-16/AR15 because of the .223 caliber.

It could easily be an SAR 3, a Ruger min-14, a single shot Savage or any of the other .223 weapons or even a custom made gun for that matter. It's not like they have a .30 .30 round in their hand.

I haven't heard any great distances being reported on these shots and some of us have proven in the 'today's targets' thread that it's possible for good chest cavity hits from as far as 100 yards with open sights.

But, something tells me Doglips is gonna be right on with his scenario #1. EEEEEEEGAD!!!!!!!!!

And I still guess that, from the distances between the shootings and that most serial killers confine themselves to a much smaller general area close to refuge......this guy is either breaking that mold or there is more than one shooter, but more that there is more than the one shooter.

5. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

YER PROBABLY RIGHT

it antis are chomping at the bit to know if this is scenario #1. we will hear the neighbors with the nice guy routine.:nod:

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

1. Joe milita member..complete with NRA bumper stickers...Turner Diaries book on the nite stand, gun show purchased AR-15 (with hi cap magazine, night vision scope and converted to full auto parts) and a white power tattoo on his forehead.
    Hey, thats me (except for the White power thing) I do have 6 tattoos though! :eek:

7. Klaus

Klaus Guest

I still think the "sniper", at least the original one, used a bolt action. As far as the AK-74 thing goes, I think the COPS found out the "witness" was full of shiite when they reviewed the store security tapes and realized he was inside at the time of the shooting.

8. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

this is a ak 74 without the muzle brake as you can see it looks just like the ak 47 . exept for the magazine

Attached Files:

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

this is a pic of the 74 next to a 47

Last edited: Oct 21, 2002
  10. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

sorry about that but this is the pics of the 47 and 74

Attached Files:

11. NRAJOE

Hmmm, AK with a scope...do you have a white van Tommy??? :eek: :confused: ;) :D Welcome to profiling.

12. Doglips

Doglips Guest

You make the call Joe..Ill keep him bussy in the chat room...we split the $$ 50/50 :)

13. NRAJOE

Cool...we'll buy more guns with the reward...a couple of AK 74's ! :assult: :assult:

14. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

how about these 3 ak 47's and one ak74. a shot gun and a cetme

Attached Files:

15. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

oops. wrong picture this one don't have the shot gun sorry

16. NRAJOE

Check you out Tommy...nice guns man!

17. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

only one is mine the rest belong to a friend of mine that i shoot with.

18. NRAJOE

Oh, ok, is he willing them to you in case something bad happens? ;) :D Which one is yours?

19. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

mine is the 3 rd one in line i have a romanian sar1 although mine is solid black now.

20. NRAJOE

Gotta get me an AK one of these days! Got a buddy that had a Norico AK years ago. He bought it, shot about a hundred rounds through it then sold it. I wanted to give him half then pay him the rest on time but he needed the money all at once...bummed me out! :(