Gun and Game Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5005 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Post To Let Your Self Ask Anything, or Just Rant! What in the world of Mosn is Bothering You? We need at leat 8 pages for the Record!

If you piss in this bucket, you own part of it! Swede!

Why is it we can fill 150+ posts on how to open a friggn' amo can, yet no one knows how to detail strip a Mosin?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Well I can strip a mosin down to the last screw while sitting in a tub of stawberry jello wearing a blindfold made of one of Rosie O'Donells old bras! The only complaint I have about M\N's is that I can't buy 'em all.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Toolman, you are truely gifted. But I liked the ammo can discussion too, sooo educational... zzzzzzz.

I too have detail stripped while holding a Mosin... :bigeyes: Easy. Pictures on request... uh maybe not.. the sternum scar will scare the s--t outa ya.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hate how a piece of metal can cost 90 dollars to scope your gun.....

and no the ebay mounts don't work... at least not for me, don't have the patience..

why does reloading cost so much to get into...

why do I need a desk to reload...further more why don't they sell 7.62 x 54r anywhere by my house...

why do mosin nagants make me want to buy more of them...

i'm done.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Why is my eyesight so poor that I can't see the sights and the target at the same time, and therefore can't hit worth a dang? And just how am I going to put that thing, with pigsticker attached, up on the wall above my desk without the wife seeing it? What she doesn't know about, doesn't piss her off.....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Damn it! I can never find 7.62x54r in my local stores! Nor can I find that stupid screw I'm missing!

·
Registered
862 Posts
The only thing that I can complain about is I don't know of an effective scope for my precious M39 that would not require drilling and tapping.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've never completely taken mine apart, but I've scanned it over, and from that alone, it looks fairly self-explanatory.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Why does a scope and mount combo have to cost the same as a new Mosin and thus, make us choose?!?!

I hate the huge price difference from the snipers to just about any other Mosin. You're looking at $350 for a sniper 91/30 and about $70-130 for any other Mosin (except for the Finnish or 91/59's that can run high $100's to $200's).

·
Registered
186 Posts
ok as for the invalid post replies that I get when I post something here I hate that too.

But to my original post:

I hate the rising prices of ammo right after buying two rifles this year. Especialy since I have been begging my wife for 3 years when ammo prices were literally dirt cheap. :'( I want to cry now, wait, men don't cry. At least not while holding a Mosin Nagant.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why does a scope and mount combo have to cost the same as a new Mosin and thus, make us choose?!?!

I hate the huge price difference from the snipers to just about any other Mosin. You're looking at $350 for a sniper 91/30 and about $70-130 for any other Mosin (except for the Finnish or 91/59's that can run high $100's to $200's).
+100
+100

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Ohhh quit your bitchin guys!! just go take that mosin all apart and stroke each part with love and affection then put it back together and hug it !! U will feel better imediatly..If you cant take it apart go here and follow instructions
Mosin Nagant Rifle Exploded Views and Disassembly

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Ditto + 100 on ammo as well. 2 years ago Wolf Gold and S&B 20/box were $7-$10, now they are $14-$16.

Large rifle primers seem to have disappeared, and friggin' bullets have gone through the roof!!! Reloading has become an expensive (but still necessary) proposition. I may start decaping MilSurp again.

And more importantly...Why is it that they don't make cologne that smells like Hoppes?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Dang, GEO! I almost forgot about the Hoppe's cologne. Maybe I could just spray some under my chin and call it done.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
The only thing that I can complain about is I don't know of an effective scope for my precious M39 that would not require drilling and tapping.
+1 Agree!! I'd love to find a scope mount for Natasha that did not involve drilling and tapping. I've seen one on eBay that claims it mounts over the receiver without drilling and tapping and isn't one of those dismantle the real sight mounts; but I can't see how it would lock in solid to hold your zero, it looks like it depends on set screws.

Here is a thought. Would it be possible to design a mount that wraps around the bottom of the breech (think of it in connection with a hex; I find that helps me to visualize it better) breech and the barrel that comes up alongside the breech, with a bar or something at the top of the enveloping sides, that the scope rings screw into, that is held in place by the weight of the barrel plus the magazine screw that goes through the stock?

If someone will contact me off forum and explain how to post a drawing, I'll try to sketch something to show what I am thinking about.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
And more importantly...Why is it that they don't make cologne that smells like Hoppes?
They do... it comes in a little brown bottle with a tan label and has a red "No. 9" on it. :D

...wait, you don't use that too, do you? :09:

1 - 20 of 5005 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.