So I'm An Idiot

Discussion in 'Czech Firearms' started by gandog56, Aug 18, 2010.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I never knew my CZ82 was a SA/DA. Nice, I can carry it hammer down on a loaded round and just have to pull trigger to fire it. No slide racking needed.

If they would have given me a manual with the thing..................:smashfreakB:

P.S. The kid what mows my grass and belongs to the private range and takes me there...I think he just decided the CZ was his favorite of all my pistols. I think he's limp wristing my .45 and 10mm and has problems. No problems with my FN Hi-Power 9mm or CZ.

2. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

you can also carry them cocked and locked if you so desire.

3. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Yep. Definitely an idiot! :p

4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Stupid Illinois won't let me carry...PERIOD!:censored:

5. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Why do you live there?
    You would be happier elsewhere.
    I fled NY....

6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Because the housing market is depressed rhigt now and I wouldn't get didley If I tried to sell my house right now.

But I may not have a choice soon, and I have family in Alabamy.

7. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

Yes...but though you would suffer at a lower sale price; the buy prices are depressed too. There are some real bargains. Sell low-- buy low.The southern states are so pro gun in everything.

8. obxned

obxned G&G Newbie

Obviously you use the internet, or you wouldn't be here. Any time you buy any firearm, do yourself a favor and google it. There is a whole world of information available, including owners manuals.

9. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I don't "google" anything. I hate how you can hardly download anything without them trying to sneak that friggin' Google toolbar in it.

I use Alta Vista as my search engine.

10. big boomer

big boomer G&G Enthusiast

Hey Grandog move to Minn. and I will take you to the range and introduce you to the CCW teacher to get your permit.

11. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

I believe you are not an idiot. You are the guru of the mighty Mosin so straighten up Gandy.

12. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Cripes, now you made me blush, and I'll have to come up with something new for the Blasphemy thread in the Mosin section.

13. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

So you didn't know everything about the **** thing !! Why would you worry about that when there are so many here willing to tell you everything you need to know about it, how to find said everything, and pointers on stuff you could care less about ?? Rest assured I have your 6 Gdog !!

14. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

No matter what the other members have been saying about you behind your back, I don't think your a idiot...:silly:

15. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

No, Gannie you are a nice guy, fun to be around, good shot, great sense of humor and a good friend....just a little simple. :09:

I understand about your friend having trouble with your 45 and 10mm. It took me a long time before I could hit anything with my 1911a1. Best advice I ever got was from a Marine. He said clear the handgun and make sure it is unloaded and pointing in a safe direction. Now, balance a penny on the top of the slide near the muzzle. Squeeze the trigger and get to where you can snap it with out the penny falling off. When I learned to do that I found I could actually hit something! No need to keep a death grip on the pistol. Just proper sight alignment and trigger control.

P.S. Gluing the penny to the top of the slide will not accomplish anything other than laughter from your friends. Believe me! I thought about it at first!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  16. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Unless maybe you are trying to be "on the money" when you shoot?

17. Yep. Y'all come back now, y'heah?