Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, its been like looking for hens teeth for the most of 2020-2021. I keep hearing about the stocked shelves of this elusive ammo, and others in states like Texas and Florida, but way over here in Washington State, its been quite the slim hunting grounds.

Recently Bi-mart and Ace Hardware have been life savers in searching, though its curious that the big stores like Cabelas and Sportsman Warehouse has LESS ammunition then these smaller stores.

How has your search been for the better part of the past year and a half?

Prices, well, still much much better then on line, that much I can say.
(My stash so far)
Publication Font Gadget Advertising Shelving

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
Ammoseek is showing lots of sources.
A couple of my local stores have gotten in large quantities and it sells out pretty quickly and then it will be awhile before they get resupplied.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
.380 is in greater supply than. 357mag. That is the rare one in my part of Ohio. I asked my local dealers and one told me he has to reach a minimum threshold of other stuff before his distributor will allow him to order .357. The other told me the price is too high for his market.

Ohio allows hunting with straight wall cartridges so I know there is a demand for the ammunition. A lot of poor planners might have to dust off the 12 gauge this season.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen 380 ammo at the bowling alley for 25.99 a box of 50. I've also seen 357 magnum at Rural King in Nitro, and at Bridgeport Tractor Supply in Gallipolis, oh
Yah, its averaging around here, when its available, about $23-25 per box. Not the best, but for this day and age, not too bad either.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I saw Wolf 200 round packs for $85 at Academy last week. It does not do well in some of my guns so I passed. I have lots of brass I got from Bro Bob and components to load for a very long time. I load for 4 ladies so never too much 380. But I am not seeing it every time I go, hit and miss.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I went to the same Academy today as I was driving along the interstate and it was jut too handy. They had no 380s, none not one. They had some ammo in many calibers but nothing cheap. I was able to buy some large pistol primers, 4 was the limit, $6.99, not great but OK with me. They also had a few large pistol standard primers at the same price.FW

Prices were still high. $65/100 for 45 acp ball training rounds and about $25 box for 9mm. Did not see anything like 38, 357, 41 or 44 or 45 colt none.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts