Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, its been like looking for hens teeth for the most of 2020-2021. I keep hearing about the stocked shelves of this elusive ammo, and others in states like Texas and Florida, but way over here in Washington State, its been quite the slim hunting grounds.

Recently Bi-mart and Ace Hardware have been life savers in searching, though its curious that the big stores like Cabelas and Sportsman Warehouse has LESS ammunition then these smaller stores.

How has your search been for the better part of the past year and a half?

Prices, well, still much much better then on line, that much I can say.
(My stash so far)
Publication Font Gadget Advertising Shelving

·
Premium Member
26,932 Posts
Ammoseek is showing lots of sources.
A couple of my local stores have gotten in large quantities and it sells out pretty quickly and then it will be awhile before they get resupplied.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
.380 is in greater supply than. 357mag. That is the rare one in my part of Ohio. I asked my local dealers and one told me he has to reach a minimum threshold of other stuff before his distributor will allow him to order .357. The other told me the price is too high for his market.

Ohio allows hunting with straight wall cartridges so I know there is a demand for the ammunition. A lot of poor planners might have to dust off the 12 gauge this season.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen 380 ammo at the bowling alley for 25.99 a box of 50. I've also seen 357 magnum at Rural King in Nitro, and at Bridgeport Tractor Supply in Gallipolis, oh
Yah, its averaging around here, when its available, about $23-25 per box. Not the best, but for this day and age, not too bad either.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I saw Wolf 200 round packs for $85 at Academy last week. It does not do well in some of my guns so I passed. I have lots of brass I got from Bro Bob and components to load for a very long time. I load for 4 ladies so never too much 380. But I am not seeing it every time I go, hit and miss.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I went to the same Academy today as I was driving along the interstate and it was jut too handy. They had no 380s, none not one. They had some ammo in many calibers but nothing cheap. I was able to buy some large pistol primers, 4 was the limit, $6.99, not great but OK with me. They also had a few large pistol standard primers at the same price.FW

Prices were still high. $65/100 for 45 acp ball training rounds and about $25 box for 9mm. Did not see anything like 38, 357, 41 or 44 or 45 colt none.

·
Premium Member
26,932 Posts
I was in an Atwoods Ranch & Home store at Cross Roads, TX. picking up some pet supplies a couple days ago and in their firearms section they had decent quantities of 380 ACP on the shelf, both FMJ and JHP.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Found some at Rural King today, it was a brand that I am not familiar with and I don't remember what it was, but it was some type of hollow point for I think 18.99 per 20. The bowling alley had PMC Bronze for 27.99 per 50

·
Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
7,696 Posts
I don't have a .380 but noticed some FMJ at Ozark Armory in Springdale AR last week. Several boxes of Winchester white box.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Just got an email from Sportsman's Guide and checked their website, not any at any price. I got a bunch of brass from Bro Bob and plenty of bullets so have been reloading them for months. But have not seen any new at Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Academy in months. Lots of new people buying the pocket guns, a 10 ounce 380 will fit anywhere.

Never my carry gun unless just in my shorts or PJs, but they always make a nice second gun. When we take the dogs for walks in city parks or other places the wife does not care to carry her CCW 9mm, so I just stick the Ruger in the pocket as a second gun, should she need one. Or if my 9 runs out of ammo. Love the 380s, have several of them.

Seems to me one of the major companies could gain a lot or market share and customer preference for their brand if they flooded the market with 380 ammo. A customer can buy 9mm ammo anywhere, dozens of companies make it and sell it. Remington for example could cut their 9mm production say in half and create that brand loyalty. And the markup on 380 is always more, so it would be a profitable move. One of my degrees is an MBA. I cannot understand why one of the major producers has not done this. 380 demand is not going away in the foreseeable future with crime on the rise and no end in sight. Every corporate 5 year plan should be looking at the 380 market as a strategic issue. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Cyrano and neophyte

·
Resident Curmudgeon
36,051 Posts
My local gun shop has .380 ACP and the price hasn't gone up that much, but there is not a big demand for .380 ACP or .32 ACP. But then, Scotty has always had good prices on ammo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.