Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24,828 Posts
........Life's too short to waste dealing with crooks,idiots and moochers.
My viewpoint, exactly, now that I am older and have the scars to prove the foolishness of attempting to help everyone.

·
Premium Member
8,881 Posts
I have a sister & a brother that are so full of the Democrat rhetoric they can't see the truth. The still think those were all peaceful protest & those fires were set by outsiders not the protesters. LOL
I have given up trying to talk to them.
Talking will just be a waste. Its like many dont hear you. They dont choose to and wont even try to consider it. My talking would turn into yelling and then screaming till I simply chased them away from me. I choose to just ignore anymore. I get more and better response talking to my pet ducks.

·
Super Moderator
16,693 Posts
At least its your brother in law, I got to deal with my sister and parents who are all die hard democrats.....

love to hate on trump but can never articulate why other than he's an A hole...

and they get all of their political minformation from Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon so... :rolleyes:

Last phone conversation we had...

Parents: How can you vote for Trump? He's had so many scandals! Obama never had a single scandal during his 16 years!"

Me: Fast N Furious, 2014 Veterans Health Administration scandal, Benghazi, Clinton circumventing FOIA by using a private server, using the IRS to target political enemies, the Associated Press phone records scandal bla bla bla bla
:rolleyes:

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
18,993 Posts
At least its your brother in law, I got to deal with my sister and parents who are all die hard democrats.....

love to hate on trump but can never articulate why other than he's an A hole...

and they get all of their political minformation from Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon so... :rolleyes:

Last phone conversation we had...

Parents: How can you vote for Trump? He's had so many scandals! Obama never had a single scandal during his 16 years!"

Me: Fast N Furious, 2014 Veterans Health Administration scandal, Benghazi, Clinton circumventing FOIA by using a private server, using the IRS to target political enemies, the Associated Press phone records scandal bla bla bla bla
:rolleyes:
Sad that at we’re at this point in our history. Apparently too many are so vulnerable to an alternative point of view.
The situation you REALLY REALLY want to avoid is where you spend YOUR time fixing up something THEY then enjoy (without doing any of the work) and/or bailing them out of some sort of a jam (because they're friends or family) and then having them turn around only to tell you what a prick YOU are.

This takes a wee bit of foresight.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
My M-I-L is a TDS victim - big time. But she's also mentally disabled, my wife is her guardian now, and we can't get her to go away at the moment.

No matter what bad thing MSNBC/ABC/CNN/CBS has to say about Trump, she runs to tell us. My standard reply is "Yes, yes. We know. You hate Trump." No matter what goes wrong, Trump is to blame. Electric goes out? Cable goes out? Trump ordered it, so people couldn't see something that was going to be on tv. Wildfire up in the mountains? Trump had it started to hide something. Some public figure dies? Trump had them killed.

·
Super Moderator
13,230 Posts
I've made friends and kicked others to the curb over all of this.

I've told family members to actually do some real research instead of believing what the talking heads are braying. I've voiced my concerns about Biden having 1 of the shortest terms in office ever because he's how Harris is going to backdoor her way into the presidency. What I've gotten back is nastiness, insults and blather.

Now I don't bother. There comes a time when you have to realize all you're doing is trying to teach a pig to sing and wasting your time; annoying the pig isn't any fun anymore.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
18,993 Posts
I've made friends and kicked others to the curb over all of this.

I've told family members to actually do some real research instead of believing what the talking heads are braying. I've voiced my concerns about Biden having 1 of the shortest terms in office ever because he's how Harris is going to backdoor her way into the presidency. What I've gotten back is nastiness, insults and blather.

Now I don't bother. There comes a time when you have to realize all you're doing is trying to teach a pig to sing and all you're doing is wasting your time; annoying the pig isn't any fun anymore.
She's backdoored (and frontdoored) her way through her entire political career.........I'd not expect any less in the future.

·
Registered
24,828 Posts
Fortunately, my brother is conservatively oriented, and I don't have any inlaws.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll tell ya'll, I worked in the UAW for years and years and saw some real masters on both sides of a lot of negotiations and debates and Amy Coney Barrett taught a PHD class in negotiations AND out witting opponents in those senate hearings / interview what ever you want to call it. She was EXACTLY on the demeanor you want to have and portray even when the other side doesn't even know the negotiation has already started.

Get what you want, avoid what you don't want and let everyone else just walk away confused about what they were upset about to start with.
I said it before, she knew where they were going, she knew where she was going, and the childish and hate filled antics did not move her off message. I realize it is a controlled setting and no one was going to get hurt, but she carried herself as tall and brave as any man or woman can do. Brother Bob can also. IMHO

21 - 36 of 36 Posts