Gun and Game Forum banner

So proud of my gals.

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  oldjarhead 
#1 ·
wife and daughter just completed a shooting clinic today. They had classroom time and time shooting shotguns, handguns and rifles. I think a 12 or 20 gauge, .22 pistols, 9mm pistols, and maybe S&W 40, and .22 rifles and a few shots with a Mini-14. Both apparently really enjoyed the day and my wife's 22 target had a nice grouping. She thought the Mini-14 was loud, I'll have to take her when I shoot my Mosin or Steyr M95, then we'll see what she thinks is loud. She seems to have forgotten, she had her own 6mm Rem deer rifle at one time and went to the range with me with my 30-06 but hasn't been there with me in a while.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
well, I'll just resurrect this thread rather than open an new one since it concerns my wife and daughter, along with some others of the feminine persuasion.

I'm hearing a goodly number of unprompted pro-gun reactions from almost all the women around me: my wife (owns no guns but see posts above), my daughter (same as my wife), our extended family daughter (same as my two), a widow friend of our and her daughter (don't know what they own or don't own), and others.

All these gals are getting quite vocal in their support of gun rights and making it known on their social media. Last night I was watching the MLB channel (L.A. Dodger and Angel fans have to be excited about the upcoming season!) and my wife came in the room, got between me and the TV, and just went off on the irrational anti-gun stances she's seeing in the media and made her own argument for armed security at schools. Then she asked me some techinical questions about what makes an 'assault rifle' just to be sure she was on the right track. She was. She knew a barrel shroud does not make any difference to how a gun functions other than protecting a hand from barrel heat and pointed out how certain Senators didn't have a clue. She also pointed out that THEY have armed protection.

Very interesting.

#10 ·
Morning Bob,,

In my opinion, the more women who own/shoot firearms the better.
And I think they are the key, to keeping our Second Amendment right safe & secure. We need a new & LOUD voice standing up for our rights. And if we could get groups of vocal women, from all over our nation. To demand that their/our rights "shall not be infringed", they WILL get attention. I think if the married, single, divorced, teens, Moms, Grand Mothers from all over would unit together. They would become a very powerful & influential group of gun rights activists!

We all know first hand, from the last few years & elections. That the majority has been silenced/neutered, and the minority groups gets all the spotlight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.