Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Model 870™ Folding Stock w/7-Shot Extension

Really interested in getting another 870 for my home. I have an 870 that I made into a "semi-tactical", but I'd rather have a factory Tactical for home defense. Anyone have one and what do you think? My current one is an Express Magnum with the 23" Rifled barrel and synthetic stock. I'd love to have the 7 shot mag, 18" barrel, and folding stock from the factory though haha.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Buy a Knoxx stock and barrel, then mod the one you have.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Does it have to be a Remington ? Take a look at what Mossberg has to offer.
I intend on buying a Mossberg Maverick as a home defense and back up firearm.
The Maverick is affordable and comes 18.5 inch barrell or 20 inch barrell and there excellent shotguns.
They also have several others that you might like too. I bought my son a Mossberg model 590 20" barrell extended magazine with heat shield and parkerized finish for $344.00.
The Maverick can prolly be bought for $ 188.00...A.H

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've never had a Mossberg. I've always had Remingtons and would kind of like to stick with what I know lol. Kind of like my sticking with my Ford rather than getting a new Chevy I guess haha.

Madcrate, how would that be when compared to a Factory tactical with a rifled plug? Could I get still get the 7rd. extended mag?

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it is. I took a look at the Mossberg 500 Cruiser 9 shot tactical... that's a very nice shotgun but I'd still rather stick with an 870. Sorta like... I've found what I like and would like to stick with it haha.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
you say you want to stick with what you know, but most pump shotguns are similar enough that there is very little difference between a mossberg 500 and remington 870. I had a mossberg tactical that i bought for 100 at a gun show, didn't hang on to it long, but i know they are pretty cheap. You might want to be a little more open minded and look at some other brands, like AH said, mossberg maverick is very good for the price.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Dare to be different !!! Cock Ka Doddle Dooo !!! But each to there own likeing I recon. www.Bud's Gun Shop.com had a special on Remington cruser sawed off shotguns with pistol grips, heat shields a few weeks ago CHEAP !!!
...A.H

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well there's a show in my area in May I believe. I'll hold off until then and check out what I can find... might be a Mossberg or might be a Remington. I might even wind up with something completely different.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Mossberg makes a fine weapon. Some guys like the position of the safety on the mossies, personally, I don't want a safety on a HD weapon, I might accidentally hit it! The reason I went with the Remmy is I got a smokin deal on a used police model, otherwise I may have bought a Mossy.
You can put any size tube extension on. I've seen some stick out past the barrel, the longer the barrel, the longer the tube.
I can't say enough about the Knoxx recoil reducing stocks. They make a 3" 12ga slug feel like a 30-30.
Go to shotgunworld.com, then the tactical section to learn about modding just about any shotgun to HD. Most are Rem and Mossberg. If a large amount of money fell out of my butt I would buy a Sagia semi-auto and larger capacity mags. Unfortunately, building a M1A, scoped, super match, has killed my gun fund for a while.

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 870 was given to me as a birthday present by my father a few years back so I got a pretty good deal on that one xP. I'll check out that stuff on shotgunworld.com, thanks for the tip about it madcratebuilder! I can't deny that I'd love to have that Factory tactical 870 though haha!

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. I'll check all that out. I'll also check out that 7rd. mag extension.

·
Registered
227 Posts

like madcrate said. Knoxx stock, 18.5" barrel and a 7 round mag extension and your set.

im going to upgrade my forearm to a Surefire forend, when i get some more funds...

·
Registered
980 Posts
+1 on the Knoxx stock have one on my moss.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr Automatic's Zombie Attitude Corrector (ZAC)

Brand new 870 TAC
Factory: Digital Camo, Speedfeed Stock, Extended Mag, Ported Choke
Upgrade: EoTech Holographic Sight, Laser/Flashlight Lasermax, Side Saddle
Comments: Since Ive upgraded my 870 TAC, Ive not had any problems with Zombies. Those bastages!!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts