So what is a Junior Member?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Robert, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert

Robert Member

As opposed to what? A Web Definately Senior? Will somebody please explain it to me?

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Junior Member just says what a person is, when you reach 50 posts you will get a title of member, and then after 101 you get Senior Member...........
    Some have other titles for special reasons.

Nothing too big

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Funny thing is every time I leave the shower my wife says I have a Jr. Member....hope she means my status on this form...:):p

4. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Is your wife related to mine?????:D

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Hummmm

Does she call you her "Little 22 short" when you go to th gun store like she does me??:)

6. junior member

the funny thing about "junior member" is that we've all put in well over 100 post's, on the old board that is.

7. Chris

Well what would you like in replace of Junior Member, If you can think of a grouping status then please tell me, because some times my creativity falls to the ground, :(

8. Wiley455

Wiley455 G&G Newbie

Hey Chris, how about military ratings, you know, from PFC all the way to whatever star General in 100 or so posts/replies????
    Just kidding.....what you have set up works for me.

9. Military ranks are no bad but stretch them out over say 2000 posts. Also give some instant gratification. If someone makes, say 10-15 posts, bump them up from private to pfc. If someone sticks around that long they will probably stay. Put a rank icon for each level.

One more suggestion, Please don't make me go from a senior NCO to Butterbar. It just isn't right. Make the jump to at least to 1st Lt or Lt. JG depending on the service you choose.

Just my $0.02 worth.:D

10. Chris

How about something like this, please correct me where I mess up at

Private
    Sargent
    Corporal
    Lt.
    Captain
    Colonel (SP?)
    General

Something like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2002
  11. That would work.

Spelling on

Sergeant

and I would spell out Lieutenant

Major between Captain and Colonel

If a bunch of people start making General You could break them down into Brigader General (1 star), Major General (2 stars), LT. General (3 stars0, Keep General (4 stars) for yourself.

Be sure you can issue "battlefield promotions" for meritorious service. Some people always shine. Thinking of people like Dave on the old M-1 Board that was an expert on stock repair and shared his knowledge.

What do you think?

12. Wiley455

Wiley455 G&G Newbie

I like Firemedics idea. A little rank icon next to your user name. Only prob would be choosing a branch of service. I'd draw it out a bit though, 100 posts and/or replies or so. Makes it something to go for , you know. FUN! And it might keep the activity stepped up.

HI ROBERT!!

13. Chris

Well.......

There is an award modification I have been customizing that someone had released....hmmmm will talk to Jesse about it.

And also I like the way you broke them down a little bit. I will work out that system after the frontpage is complete.

14. Wiley455, I agree about spreading it out except at the begining. Give 2 or three ranks in the first 100 posts then spread them out some. It gets people hooked and you are right, it is fun!

15. Wiley455

Wiley455 G&G Newbie

Sounds good to me Firemedic. So what does everybody think??

16. Chris

Jesse gave the ok go for it.

So I will begin work on it.

But it will be completed in the next week at the latest.

The ranks are excellent I like them.

17. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I think US Army ranks, which are similar to the Air Force and Jarheads should be used. Many of us were in the Navy, but I would agree Navy ranks are pretty goofy.

18. wes

wes G&G Newbie

What about "Dreg" and "Non-dreg"?

19. Chris

Well Ensign?

I will try to make it just basic, and not go to indetail about some things as far as they go there.

But we might do something special for all the Sea Men out there.

The Awards system will be the best part. Just you wait and see

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.