Gun and Game Forum banner

So Where Have All The Ladies Gone?

8K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  redhed 
#1 ·
Speak up everyone of the female persuasion!

I haven't been around as much as I use to. Life has a way of taking priority sometimes, but I have been trying to check in to G & G at least once a week lately and was surprised to see how little activity was going on in the women shooters' forum.

What's happened?

This worries me ladies. We are needed here in order to balance out all the testosterone that is flying around the site. Everyone knows that estrogen trumps testosterone! Especially in mass and I have a cat I can prove that with.

That's another story.

So speak up. Where are you? Lurking? Participating? Gone?

Do you guys know? If so speak up and let me know.

#3 ·
According to my wife.

It take a month, to prepare for Christmas season.
And the ladies are doing 90 % of all the work.
As usual!!

#6 ·
I wish I could get my wife to join,but she hates guns and anything to do with them.
I can't understand it,she grew up around guns and did not have any bad experiances with them.
Come to think of it,she doesn't like any of my hobbies.
Time for a new wife maybe?

#7 ·
I wish I could get my wife to join,but she hates guns and anything to do with them.
I can't understand it,she grew up around guns and did not have any bad experiances with them.
Come to think of it,she doesn't like any of my hobbies.
Time for a new wife maybe?
Maybe you just need to retrain the old wife?

I have a niece who is like that,also. Werd. Offered her my much loved Smith 38 snubbie to shoot once and she grasped it with thumb and forefinger like it was something the dog had left on the floor as a surprise and held it out at arms length. Her husband loves to shoot. So much for leaving our 'toys' to her in a will. She would just turn them into Wally World for 100 dollar gift cards. On the other hand, my brother, who served in Nam, won't have anything more to do with guns and every time I started talking about shooting in front of him he rapidly changes the subject.

What's the old saying, you can pick your friends, even choose your enemies, but you are stuck with your family?

You know, you could always offer a little good natured bribe to her, you know, if she will shoot a .22 and learn to be proficient with it, you will remodel the bathroom for her or whatever. Tell her that you love her and you want her to be able to protect herself if you aren't at home.

Unfortunately a lot of women think they are immune to home invasion and completely safe in the confines of their own little house. The police will protect them. Society has done a good job brain washing them that way.

#9 ·
The women's shooting forum doesn't have anything to offer other than a bunch of chicks popping in and saying "Hi I'm here", blah blah blah. It's almost like watching the outdoor channel where the women are out hunting, kill something fenced in after their "husband/boyfriend" told them which one to kill, and who probably never gutted a deer in their life or it would ruin their nails.

When I come to this forum for info or to chat, I stay in the rest of the forum.

#10 ·
BW I LOVE your response and see your point.

It's sort of like reading a motorcycle magazine where the only women near a bike are dressed in micromini skirts and stiletto heels with their 42D chaloobies hanging out of low cut spandex shirts as they drape themselves over the seat of a Ducati.

Sorry, that doesn't set well with me when I go out to ride my sport bike and I am in leather from ankles to neck, helmet, boots (no stilettos sorry guys) and leather gloves. Safety first always, it's just like handling a firearm only going at 65 mph on two wheels.

When I took my MSF, somebody asked the instructor what was suggested safety wear for women motorcyclists and I spoke up and said, "Mini Skirt, Stiletto Heels, Low Cut Top, at least that's what they wear in all the magazines."

I had already crossed the instructor the wrong way the day before so I knew I didn't have anything to loose and enjoyed the look on his face to this day.

Two weeks later, I went to the DMV and got my license. It was worth flunking just to get that line off on him.

#11 ·
My biggest gripe is the Martin Archery ads in magazines. I have shot Martin for years and never once have I seen anyone shoot them without a peep site or holding them they way they do—or in a dress or hair down. I'd wear a dress or heels, but my feet would sure hurt walking through the woods. And bug bites would be terrible.

#13 ·
I believe that the "Ladies of the Forum" are an asset, and have enjoyed the banter with CGO, and WyldCat. The great info from BunnyWabitt on a gun for my daughter that was something I would not have got at the local gun shops or any other place.
Hang in there Ladies we need you and Thank you.
Blake

#14 ·
It's sad through that I see so few of us 'old timer' ladies participating compared with the number of ladies on say two years ago.

There are a few really shall we say abrasive, rude, male members on this forum that have a great talent for chasing off newcomers before they grow a thick skin and basically tell them what to go and do with themselves in a nice lady like way of course. There are also a lot of great guys out there that remind them to play nice or go away, which I for one really appreciate.

Thanks guys for being gentlemen.

I just don't see very many new lady members appearing and that worries me.

CGO and Wyld, *******, and BW, always great to see you four Musketeers on line.

We need to recruit our lady shooter friends to join in.

Kahn is busy with life these days. I'll write her and prod her along a little. Maybe she will come back.

#15 ·
It's sort of like reading a motorcycle magazine where the only women near a bike are dressed in micromini skirts and stiletto heels with their 42D chaloobies hanging out of low cut spandex shirts as they drape themselves over the seat of a Ducati.
Mmmmmm, 42D chaloobies.....

Oh wait, that wasn't rude, was it?

#16 ·
It would be nice if there were more of us on here. I don't know the reasons why the ladies post a few replies and then don't come back. I hope the hell that some of the guys aren't running them off. I grew up with older twin brothers, so I have thick skin. I can stand up for myself with no problems. I won't take chit from anyone. I like coming on here to tease and pester the guys. There's a lot of good and honorable men on here that I can call my friends. But there are a couple that I would like to ring their necks. LOL Those are the ones that I just ignore unless they go after another member. I will not stand back and let anyone bad mouth or name calling any of us. I was raised to respect others opinions and I try to live that way. But when someone starts the nasty name calling, I will not back down.

#18 ·
The number of women represented on the G&G forum seems low compared to the amount of women who participate in the shooting sports or carry, so hopefully their numbers here will become more representative. I for one do appreciate their input on subjects other than cookies or babies. My all time favorite woman pistolero and long gun aficionado is my youngest daughter Melanie. Unfortunately, she is hardcore "X" rated and would probably get us both banned if she were a member here.:eek:mfg:

#20 ·
I'm seeing a few newcomers which is refreshing. But our numbers are still low considering how many ladies are out there shooting and hunting. I still get looks of astonishment from folks when my husband tells them that I deer hunt.

Not only am I of the female persuasion, I am also over 55 and refuse to age gracefully!

#21 ·
I am still here, though not as much as I used to; I try and keep up with the "prayer request" forum and the other main forums but life and a job/family keep me going; I spend some time in facebook, but it is not often in that world either. I am doing my best to keep up with the folks I have become friends with here.....

#22 · (Edited)
There is always the possibility also that by virtue of having screen names and avatars that provide us with a certain amount of anononymity, that some here are really not the sex, race, age or a number of other things that we assume them to be.:thinking:

#25 ·
When it gets right down to it, I guess we are all just gun totin Americans of conservative values, just squeezing our bibles and defending the 2nd amendment whilst clinging to our guns out of frustration with the government.

Hey, when I put it that way it doesn't sound too bad. :D

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.