So You Want to Hunt In Darkest New Jersey?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by HuntingwithKids, Sep 6, 2010.

1. 1. Call your lawyer. The “Garden State” is a shifting sand of chimerical regulations and laws governing gun ownership, possession and use. Chances are you will always be in violation of one of them.

2. After your have paid your lawyer and have studied the NJ laws, go to the nearest police station and apply for a New Jersey Firearm ID Card. The person in charge of this, usually a gold-bricking senior cop, is out. They aren’t sure when he will be back. Try coming back tomorrow. He must come in on alternate leap years. Eventually you will be finger printed, investigated and allowed to fill out various forms.

3. Now that you have an ID card it is time to go hunting. First you must pass a hunter safety course. This is given at odd locations at inconvenient times but the news is good. It no longer requires 2 days of classroom time. A mere 4 hours will do the trick, provided you complete a long hunter education work book. In lieu of this an online study course is available for $25 that awards you a certificate.

4. Now that you have a certificate you may take the test. But wait: archery, trapping, shotgun and rifle hunting all require separate tests. Bear hunting yet another class.

5. You have passed the test and may now purchase a hunting license. But you cannot hunt with a license alone. You need a permit.

Continued at huntingwithdaughters dot com

Current Vintage 1100 28 ga.
    Winchester 131 .22LR

Attached Files:

2. I'd prolly get angry takeing all those test so I best go hunt some where else.

3. moosemike

moosemike G&G Newbie

It's a shame what NJ has become.

4. I killed a large buck in NJ once. It was 430 in the morning and I was doing 65 with my truck and trailer. B*ast*rd cost me over $1200

5. I hope you had all the necessary permits

Before you even have an accident hitting a deer in New Jersey you need to anticipate which zone you will be in and apply for the necessary permit. You may not hit deer on Sunday. Should you be within a state park area, an additional permit is required. There is even a road kill permit. Before hitting the deer, place a call to your attorney to review your options. :)
    Most of us just cross the border and hunt in NY or PA.

David Bershtein
    www.huntingwithdaughters.com

6. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

Glad I live in NC. Our laws aren't nearly that bad. We are even allowed to bowhunt on Sundays this year.

7. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

And everyone thinks California's bad!

8. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

Maby your new Governor will change things.......... Insert "laughter" here.

9. Thank you Lord for allowing me to live in a Free state.....So glad I dont have to live in NJ!

10. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

the best thing about WWII (for me) was that the Navy stationed my dad in the south pacific. after the war and before I was born he moved to Miami Florida. otherwise I too would have had the misfourtune of living in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey