Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the Chinese Paratrooper today for a $135. That's not the point though. I got rid of it cause the trigger locked up on it 3 times at the gun range. It also didn't spit the shell all the way out twice. I clean that thing so good to. Always stripped it all the way down to clean it. Gas piston assembly and the piston, the trigger housing, everything. So I guess I would'nt trust my life on it is what I'm saying. Does anyone like an SKS as your only means of defense?? I'd rather take my Mossberg. I just shot 3 inch mag slugs out of it today and I gotta say... That will take care of whatever it's got to take care of. I don't know about the SKS though.

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems and can't blame you for not trusting. I can say truthfully though, I have never, after a couple thousand rounds ever had any problems of any kind with either my Chineses or Russian SKS's. Maybe a dud round every now and then, but nothing mechanical. I would trust mine with my life, but that dosen't mean I won't have backup(s) with me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Premium Member
30,705 Posts
never once have i had even one problem with the 3 unissued yugo's Ive owned.10's of thousands of rounds without a hitch

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My Norinco SKS is my #1 utility rifle. It's never jammed with any round I've thrown at it...

Your SKS probably had a very minor problem that could be easily fixed (maybe it just needed a new gas piston or a new spring?)...

Anyway, even if he wasn't straight with the buyer, the buyer probably got a **** of a deal. It may be a $20 fix..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
There are easy ways to fix those problems. To bad you still don't have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts