close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Solution for Yugo gas tube problems

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JDW, Mar 27, 2002.

1. JDW

JDW G&G Newbie

I've been on several boards looking for a solution and have found one so hope this helps. When you take the gas tube off, and there is the part that goes into the tube from the gas valve - you make a little O ring with wire or find a snap ring that will fit onto it and put it back together - here is a picture of it- hope I don't get in trouble sharing another site, but the picture made it clear for me. http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=7&TID=8567&SI
    D=1386099
    if this doesn't come up it is on gunboards.com/forums - go to sks section- March 24 - post says - "Not another $99 Century Yugo SKS report - posted by J Bar - then scroll down till you see the picture.
    Hope this helps as I cann't find anyone who sells new gas tubes.
    Happy shooting!
    Let us know how it works for you.

2. JDW

JDW G&G Newbie

gas tube solution

Correction on above date - is on March 25th

3. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

THE FIX! Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for anything, anywhere, anytime. Read and do at your own risk.

YES, I found a fix! I took a good length of stainless (thin) wire, single strand, uninsulated, and wrapped it around the gas port valve "nipple" again and again. It took a little (very little) effort, but fit the gas rod housing and keep wrapping until you have a nice tight fit.. Twist the ends off, pack them down into the crease and GO! I had that ole' Siminov spittin' out dead WOLF puppies like it should! You might be able to use a single strand from an electric cord if you cant find very thin stainless wire. Make it nice and long though, I needed a lot to form a nice seal.

4. JDW

JDW G&G Newbie

gas tube fixed!

The wire as mentioned above works - fired 60 rounds today and each one ejected just fine - nice cheap fix!