close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some airline personnel make an effort to make the "in-flight

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Some airline personnel make an effort to make the "in-flight safety lecture" and their other announcements a bit more entertaining. Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported in various airline sources:

AAfter a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the Flight Attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt up against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

You'd need a good sense of humor to appreciate that statement, especially if you already had a little flight phobia.

Sounds a little too casual for me. I prefer serious statements from the flight crew with no monkey business when I'm flying.

Oxford :nod:

3. How about attention passengers--bend over and kiss your rear goodby.

4. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Alan C....you cracked another funny one liner. I enjoy your comments.

Oxford

5. Oxford you are my mentor due to your replys on much earlier posts. Thank you sir.

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Alan C: Man that was about 589 posts ago or so. (ha) Hey, I'm supposed to be retired and only have 430 +/- posts. How do you find that much time?

You have a way of getting the tenseness (or just plain anger) of some threads back to having fun again. I think some posters really get too serious. I keep telling my wife to "hang loose" when she gets her tenseness elevated.

Oxford

7. I make up for lost time on my days off-- when I'm not mowing the yard--which is my second favorite hobbie next to talking to all of you. Notice that I didn't mention GUNS. You never know who's watching.

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I've got an odd sense of humor sometimes. Realisticly, that flight attendant would have been fired, but I'd be the one in the ailse seat having a good chuckle. :D

9. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Big Dog: Yup. The original post did say "after the landing", meaning the plane was on the ground, and hopefully stopped.

On second thought, I think I could laugh at that time, too, but not until the wheels stopped rolling, I'd been to the bathroom, and my nerves stopped shaking. (ha)

Oxford

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Thank you for flying... hiccup... Jim Beam Airlines...hiccup :cheer:

11. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

After liftoff, you've gotta be fast if you're placing an order for your favorite beverage (hicup again) because flight attendants only have a limited time to pass out the two peanuts and thimble sized cup of juice.

Of course, mixed drinks bring in cash for the airlines so I suppose those customers are attended to faster.

You know...this could become a separate thread because there's lots of tales that could be told about flying experiences.

Oxford