Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
In St. Helens, OR the relatives of these rodents live in an uninhabited grove of trees known locally as "Jackass Canyon". They are nothing more than pests that routinely walk onto 11th street and end up struck by cars causing untold damage and expense. It is unlawful to shoot them within the city limits. They should be eradicated, but never will be.

I, for one, would like to see them plugged in the eye with a .22 LR and butchered for the venison before someone else's car suffers because of their presence.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I, have always wanted to see a report. Where are most deer car crashes. Urban or city's and 'burbs. l. If ,I was to take a educated guess ,it would be, city's and ;burbs. No, hunting in those places. Nothing ,but reproudction.
Therein lies the problem. If these vermin were culled and their carcasses used to feed the local poverty-stricken populace, there wouldn't be a need to squawk, would there?

·
Premium Member
Winchester, Colt 1911, S&W revolvers
632 Posts
There is a big 7-point buck (one side) that I see in my backyard. I also see some smaller bucks and a lot of doe's. My neighborhood is next to a large parcel of protected natural woodland.

Our neighborhood is in a strict "no rifle hunting" area. They do offer permits for bow and arrow hunting with a lottery. It's easier to win the cash lottery. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess you are a women? We have to ask today in order to understand. What is Swiss Chard?

Personally, I think deer do what they do to survive. I say welcome them to your farm.
  • I'm a 67-year-old man,
  • "a women"? You need some grammar lessons.
  • Swiss Chard is a delicious vegetable used in salads.
  • Raiding our country garden makes these edible rodents eligible to become table fare in my state. You can kill and eat them any time of year, regardless of the animal's sex or age. Because they are destroying crops, deer are considered destructive pests.

·
Registered
10,492 Posts
I doubt coffee grounds will repel deer. we throw our compost, including coffee grounds, out front for the deer and they eat it up. I'm not sure if they eat the coffee grounds too but the coffee certainly doesn't repel them from eating everything else. we have a 6' chain link fence around the house where we want the deer kept out.

·
Registered
I love any and all firearms, also love archery hunting.
391 Posts
Swiss Chard is one of my favorites, just had it a couple of days ago. Nothing repels the deer here in Washington state. My father in law lost all of his jalapenos to the deer. Who knew deer like jalapeno peppers, especially this far north. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts