Some of My Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by 9mmXDm, Sep 21, 2010.

1. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

FYI I don't use many measurements so you'll have to go with what you feel is enough for you...

Chicken/Shrimp Acapulco

- 1lb of Chicken Tenders or 1lb of peeled and deveined Shrimp
    - 1/4 Olive Oil
    - 1tsp Cayenne Pepper (Add more if you want it hotter)
    - 1tsp Salt & 1tsp Black Pepper
    - 1tsp Cumin
    - 2tsp Chili Powder
    - 2tsp Chopped Garlic (2tsp extra for skillet)
    - Juice of a Lemon and or Lime
    - 1 or 2 Red Bell Peppers
    - White Rice or Angel Hair Pasta

In a mixing bowl place the Chicken and Or Shrimp. Add the 1/4 of Olive Oil, Cayenne, Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic & Lemon or Lime juice. Let this mell for 3-4 hours or over night if you like.

In a skillet at some Olive Oil and the other 2tsp of chopped Garlic also the julliened Red Bell Pepper. Don't let the Garlic get burnt but you want the Bell Peppers to soften up. Once they do add the above Chicken/Shrimp mixture and cook until done.

Then serve over cooked White rice and or cooked Angel Hair Pasta.

Italian Delight

- 1lb of Hot Italian Sausage (Ground)
    - Onion slices (Thin)
    - Fennel Seed
    - Salt, Black Pepper
    - Red Pepper Flakes
    - Parsley Flakes
    - Oregano
    - Basil (Fresh or dried)
    - Minced Garlic (Fresh or jarred) 3 spoons if jarred 6 cloves if fresh
    - Mushrooms (Portebella or Button)
    - Marinara Sauce (Store bought or Homemade), I buy store bought and doctor it up...
    - Olive Oil
    - Penne Pasta

In a skillet put some olive oil and sautee the onions and garlic together till the onions are soft and translucent. This wont take very long. I always season my onions with a little Salt and Black Pepper. Once cooked add the ground Hot Italian Sausage and cook till done, meanwhile adding the rest of the items above into the skillet. The last thing you want to add is the marinara sauce and doctor it up if need be or you want to.

Put over cooked Penne Pasta to serve.

*You can add Parm chesse if you want during the cooking process. I don't as I don't care for cheese that much.

Curried Turkey Burgers

- Ground Turkey
    - Curry Powder
    - Smoked Paprika
    - Salt, Black Pepper
    - Chopped Onion
    - Parsley Flakes
    - Diced Dried Apricots (Not needed but a nice addition.)

In a mixing bowl add all the above items and combine well. Don't over mix and make the meat icky. Form your patties to the desired size and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge to mell together.

Grille or pan fry them till they are done.

Spaghetti Squash
    I'm remembering this one from scratch so I forget everything I did put in it, but think this is pretty **** close.
    - 1 Spaghetti Squash
    - Salt, Black Pepper
    - Fennel Seed
    - Apple Cider Vinegar
    - Parsley Flakes
    - 1 can of Whole Tomatoes
    - Olive Oil

Cut the squash in half and season with Olive Oil and Salt and Black Pepper. Roast in a 325* oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until fork tender.

Once done bring out from the oven and let rest. They will be hot and you will be handling them next...

In a sauce pan you will "fluff" the squash into the pan like you would fluff rice with a fork. It should fall apart like strands of Spaghetti into the sauce pan. Now with your hands squeeze the canned Tomatoes into the sauce pan breaking them up into more edible sized peices. Once done add the seasonings above and cook on the stove on medium heat till the tomatoes are cooked through.

This is a side dish and should be eaten as one.

I'll keep adding to the list of recipes as time progresses. Please REPLY if you tried any of these and liked them.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

If anyone added vinegar to my spaghetti squash without telling me, I'd spit it out and throw it in the garbage, roflmao !!

3. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

And this is exactly why I didn't want anyone to REPLY unless you tried it and liked it...

With that said, you never know until you try it. So don't down it. Your setting a bad example for people that may want to try it.

4. SwedeSteve

The same reply you gave my thread, remember ??

5. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

FYI Cheese is a whole different ballpark in foods. When cooked with and or place on foods it stays there. While vinegar only the flavor stays there and really depending on how much you use really it disappears completely.

Secondly I don't eat cheese. So if you put it in my burger and I didn't know I would spit it right back out and either not eat and or ask for one without cheese. Most people that I know, know I dislike cheese and wont cook with it for me and or will cook mine without.

Breakfast Fajitas

Depending on how many people your serving add more eggs. But think a minimum 2-3 eggs per person so they can get 1-2 Fajitas.

This will be for a 2 person batch...

- Flour Tortillas ( Fajita sized )
    - Six Large Eggs
    - Frozen and or Fresh Bell Peppers
    - Onions
    - Salsa
    - Cumin
    - Chili Powder
    - Salt/Black Pepper
    - Garlic Powder
    - Serachi sauce or your favorite hotsauce

On a plate put your tortillas and put them in the microwave and set for 60 seconds. Don't start them just yet though.

In a bowl crack your eggs and add the Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, BP, Serachi or Hotsauce & Garlic Powder. Whip up like your making scrambled eggs. Let sit.

In a skillet grease with Butter/Margarine or Olive Oil. Put in your Bell Peppers and Onions and cook till tender. Now add your egg mixture and cook until done and scrambled up with the Peppers and Onions.

Microwave your Tortillas and then plate the Eggs in the Fajitas and put Salsa over top.

Enjoy!

6. Haven't had a chance to try them yet but man am I hungry now!

7. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

London Broil

- 1 to 2 pound London Broil
    - Olive Oil
    - Salt/Black Pepper
    - 1/4C red wine (Something you would drink is best.)
    - Rosemary (Crushed or not, either is ok.)
    - Italian Seasoning

Mix all the ingrediants together and place London Broil in ZipLoc bag or covered dish and let marinate for a few hours.

When ready to cook place in the broiler for about 7 minutes to 10 minutes per side. Were looking for a Medium Rare center. This can be also cooked on the grilled or grille pan.

Serve with Horseradish.

*You can sautee some mushrooms and put them over the beef if you like.

8. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Bacon BBQ Shrimp

- 10 shrimp per person
    - 1lb of bacon cut into thirds. Should yield a minimum 20 smaller slices
    - In a bowl mix Oregano, Mustard Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Dry Thyme, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, (I maybe missing one or two spices.)
    - BBQ Suace ( Homemade or your fav. )

Start by coating the shrimp in the dry rub mixture. Let them sit and now you'll precook the bacon. So take your slices and put them into a skillet and cook them till they are cooked by still limp (That is if you want to wrap your shrimp with the bacon.) If not still cook it limp and then drain the excess bacon grease from the skillet. Now cook your shrimp. Be sure not to overcook. Flip only once. Once flipped pour BBQ sauce over them and let the sauce thicken up slightly.

Plate your bacon per person and then pour the shrimp/BBQ sauce over the bacon and eat!

9. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

A random Chicken dish I made last....

- Bone in Chicken Breast

- Garlic Powder
    - Salt & BP
    - Curry Powder
    - Smoked Paprika
    - Parsley Flakes
    - Olive Oil

In a bag I had the Chicken I poured in the mixture above and let it set for a few hours. I placed it in a cast iron skillet and put it in the oven at 350*F for 30-45 minutes. May take longer depending on your oven.

Greek Burgers

- 1lb of ground Lamb or regular ground beef
    - McCormicks Greek Seasoning
    - Cedars Tzatziki

In a bowl mix the above ingredients together. Divide the meat into fours and form your patties. Grille to your desired doneness. And or pan fry them. For some added flavor add some sliced Kalamata Olives and some more Tzatziki sauce to your burger buns.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  10. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

"fork n spoon"

Me don't cook:) Me has ''fork n spoon'' :) will trave;)

good looking ''food cooking" :)

11. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Beef BBQ

- 1lb of ground beef
    - Garlic or Garlic Powder
    - Paprika
    - Salt & Black Pepper
    - BBQ Sauce
    - Maple Syrup
    - Ketchup
    - Minced Onions
    - Mined Celery
    - Minced Carrots
    - Beef Broth or just some plain water

In a skillet sautee your onions, celery and carrots until they are tender and translucent. In another skillet brown your gorund beef and drain excess fat. Add your meat to the veggie skillet and season with all the seasonings above. Let it simmer for awhile till beef is cooked through.

Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or over nothing.

12. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Jerk Pork Stir-Fry

- Boneless Country Style Ribs
    - Onion (1, Minced or chopped)
    - Carrots (3, Chopped)
    - Jerk seasoning (Whatever your favorite is.)
    - Olive Oil
    - Green Peas
    - White Rice

In a bowl combine all the items above and let marinate for at least an hour. Once this is complete pull the Pork from the bowl and shake off any Onions and Carrots that may have stuck to them. Now on a cutting board cut the Pork into nice size pieces to eat ( Tiny strips ). In a skillet put some Olive Oil in and heat up, put in the Onions and Carrots you had mixed in with thr Pork. Sautee these till tender on medium to low heat. Now add the Pork and cook to done, but not overly done.

In a sauce pan cook some white rice till done and in another cook some green peas. When the peas are cooked add them to the skillet and mix in well. Plate some rice and serve the Pork Stir-Fry over the white rice.

Enjoy!

13. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

TWO BURN CHILI

- Ground Beef or good Cubed Steak
    - Cumin
    - Chili Powder
    - Salt & Black Pepper
    - Cayenne Pepper
    - Garlic Powder
    - (1) Large Red and or White/Yellow Onion
    - (1) Jalapeno Pepper [With or w/out the seeds]
    - (1) Serrano Pepper [With or w/out the seeds]
    - (2) Bay Leaves
    - (2) cans of Tomatoes with Green Chili's
    - (2) cans of Kidney Beans
    - (1) can of Tomato Paste
    - (1) Beer [Your Fav. or any light beer.]
    - (6) Cloves of Garlic

Chop and or dice up your Onions and Garlic. In a deep sauce pan saute (In Olive Oil.) your Onions and Garlic till they are tender and the Onions are translucent. Now add your Kidney Beans, Tomatoes with Green Chili's & Tomato Paste. Mix this up and let it come to a boil. Now add as much as you like of the Chili Powder/Cumin/Salt & Black Pepper/ Garlic Powder. Also add the Cayenne Pepper but go easy it will make it very hot. And your putting in two hot Chili Peppers too so if you can take it add a lot if not only add a little bit like a teaspoons worth maybe two teaspoons worth. Let this boil together as well.

Now here is where your going to add your beer. Use all of it and let the alcohol boil off as this is happening which should only take upwards of 30 seconds add the Bay Leaves in. Then you can add your Ground Beef or Cubed Steak. You can do this one of two ways. Just add it to the pot and let the hot liquid boil it till it is done and or precook it some in another skillet and then add it to the mixture. Draining off most of the fat if you precook in another skillet.

Finally add your two Hot Peppers. Cut them in half and then in strips and then finely dice them or cut them in thin rings and place them in the boiling mixture. You can also cut some slits in the whole Peppers and saute them in another pan for a short time in Olive Oil and then put them in the Chili pot whole. The heat will leach from the slits in the Peppers.

Once all is boiling turn down to simmer and cover it and let it simmer for 4 hours. Once done serve and or package.

Prep Time:
    10 minutes
    Cook Time: 4 hours

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  14. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Had this over the weekend and it was really awesome good!

Pumpkin Curry Soup

2 tbl butter or margarine
    1 cup chopped onion
    2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1 1/2 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp ground white pepper
    3 cups chicken broth
    1 15 oz can Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
    1 12 oz can Carnation Evaporated Milk

Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
    Add broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender(in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Serve warm.

Prep time 10 minutes; cooking time 20 minutes. Yiel 6 servings (1 cup each)

15. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i am suprised no one mentioned deep fried borsht.
    or chocolate turkey pot pie suprise.

16. SwedeSteve

17. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Asian Surprise

- Boneless Pork spare ribs
    - Stirfry veggie mix
    - 1 pack Knor Asian Sides Thai Sesame Noodles

The Pork: In a bowl or other container place the individual pork spare ribs. The marinate is comprised of the following. Soy sauce, Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Chinese Five Spice, Preminced Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Franks RedHot Sweet Chili sauce, Serachi Garlic hotsauce, Garlic Powder. Mix it all up and let it marinate for one hour.

In a skillet place the pork and cook it until it is done but not over done. Once done cut into small pieces and place in with the noodle veggie mixture.

StirFry Veggie Mix: Boil them in a pan and then drain and season with Black Pepper and set aside.

Knor Noodles: Cook this as the package suggests. When done add the Stirfry veggies to it.

Serve, should serve three servings.

18. that sounds really good! what's for dessert? a happy ending?

19. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

That you'll have to find on your own.

20. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Tomatoe Sauce

Good for Chicken Parm, Pasta dishes, Braciole...

- Big can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes ( Drained or not, your choice. )
    - Fennel Seed
    - Salt, Pepper
    - Oregano
    - Basil
    - Parsley Flakes
    - Rosemary
    - Italian Seasoning ( If you don't have the Oregano and Basil, Parsley Flake, Rosemary. )
    - Garlic
    - (2) Bay Leaf ( If you have it. )
    - Red Pepper Flakes ( To your desired heat level and if you want heat at all. )
    - Olive Oil
    - Splash of White Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar or both
    - Parm Cheese ( I only use a little, as I am not a cheese eater. )
    - Pinch of sugar

Going to be making this tonight for some Chicken Parms, but mine wont have the cheese on it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011