Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Pretty nice guns. Gotta love those Mossberg 500's.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are awsome. There is every accessory imaginable for em. I want the light next

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Just be careful not over-accessorize. I keep mine pretty stock, and just have one of those canvas shell holders like you have. I think even the US military uses these babies. Or maybe it's the Mossberg 590. Either way, I shoot clay pigeons with the 28 incher and have the 18.5 incher for bad guys, which I hope I never have to use.

Post some more pics if you add some gizmos...

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
By the way, two things. If you shoot that thing with the short barrel for practice, wear some plugs at least. It's pretty concussive to the ear drums. You probably already knew that, but I've fired mine with out any hearing protection (stupid, i know) but I just wanted to see how it was. Hurt like a ball peen hammer to my ear drum.

And what type of ammo do you keep in yours for HD?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may not be steven hawking, but I know to use ear protection when shooting firearms. Are you crazy dude? I am not going to put too much more money into it, I'd rather buy another gun myself. The Mauser came like you see it, I didn't do all that stuff to "sporterize" it. Though I like the look of it more than how it came stock.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
sks forever said:
I may not be steven hawking, but I know to use ear protection when shooting firearms. Are you crazy dude?
Yeah, I figured that, but thought I would pass on the warning. It's pretty intense with the short barrel. Some people don't wear hearing protection at all..... my grandpa is 80 years old and an old farmer boy. He's never worn hearing protection and he hears fine. He's been shooting since he was a boy, deer hunting, bird hunting, pretty much all the small to medium size game in this country.

It bothers me when I'm shooting handguns or my Mosin-Nagant and he won't put in plugs or anything. I feel guilty but it's his way I guess. I think at this point he figures he won't be around that much longer, so no point in trying to protect his ears now....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wear ear protection when I shot a 9mm, I guess I am a girly man. I also want to be ablt to hear when I am older. When I run the on-stage mixing board for the monitors I always use ear protection. The muscians ask me why and I tell them and they yell out WHAT

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the one i was looking at before. I think I am going to go with it. Shurefire are way out of my price range. SOmeday when I am rich, not Mooseman, but money rich I'll get an eotech and shurefire

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
sks forever said:
I wear ear protection when I shot a 9mm, I guess I am a girly man.
Nobody called you a girly man. Jesus christ, I'm just sharing my experiences with you and you get all offended. Whatever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts