some real good eatin

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Mar 25, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

a recent crawfish boil we had . can't you just smell that

2. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

just another picture of the craw fish boil

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Thumbs up Tommy!

Great Stuff!

Jesse

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I have never had crawlfish, are they like shrimp? Like lobster?

I don't eat much other than boiled shrimp, trying to watch theo'figure mind ya hehe;)

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i can't tell you if they are like lobster cause i ain't never had no lobster. but it taste alot like shrimp in away. it just plain gooood. put lots of spice lemons cayenne pepper. onions garlic.and potatoes.sausage. put it in a big pot with about 20 gallons of water boil for 12 minutes let saok for about . well just keep tring one and when it taste good to you take them out and enjoy. do they have them where you live?

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i'm goin to send some pictures of the crawfish stew w'ere goin to cook with the leftovers we had from the crawfish boil.that should get your mouth watering

7. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

crawdads

where are you getting such quantities? Gulf coast? looks great try putting in just a little white wine into the boil. even better!:D

8. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Mudbugs are all over Texas , Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida. They live in muddy fields, in large quantities. And yes, they do taste kinda like lobster.

9. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

Down here in Florida they taste just like Chicken, but different!

10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Down here in Florida, everything tastes like chicken! Actually, those mudbugs are very tasty. Even the cafeteria in our local vo-tech school has been known to cook up a mess of 'em. Hate to admit it, but I draw the line at ****in' the heads.
    We used to catch them in a creek behind my high-school, but there's a housing development there now.

11. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    in my neck of the woods we use them things for catching bass, then eat the bass.

12. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

crawdads

here in Arizona they have infested the lakes and G&F is asking everyone to do their part, I am- by eating them. taste great but alot of people used them for bait and left them alive, now we CANNOT transport them alive.

13. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i'm from south louisiana. what we eat in a day . a guy up north can fish for a year.. the day of those pictures we boiled 6 sacks of craw fish and thats 50 pound sack 300 pounds.i got one in my fish tank as a pet . he keeps the fish in line hehehe. can't wait for the stew two more days i'll post some pics of that too

14. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

hey boneguru you said you can't transport them live. bring the boiling pot to the lake and some nets. sounds like a real good tail gate party. how big are they over thereyou could be sittin on a gold mine. put you a seafood shop on the lake . hot boiled crawfish with a view. it's a thought

15. boneguru

boneguru G&G Newbie

actually we do but i don't boil them at the lake, usually in a pan with olive oil and wine and spices lots a spices, I likes em hot. we take some home but we have to "render them dead" by Az law to take em home.
    lets have some of those recipes

16. ReRide

ReRide G&G Newbie

nebr
    dead crawfish????????

before ya render them dead be sure to put them in some slightly salted water. it will make them move their bowels.
    Then boil them alive and if ya got any with straight tails when ya peel them ya know they were dead and didn't pass their bowels.
    the ones with the curled tails cleaned themselves out and when ya peel them they don't have so much in their vein(which is actually their intestine)

Why use them for bait awhen they are better than any old bass any day?

17. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

They are boneless, too. Now, ****ing the "heads" is really gross because that is the abdominal cavity, not the head. you are slurping the stomach and intestinal contents, plus parts of the gills and various internal organs.

18. Jerry K.

Jerry K. G&G Newbie

When I used to go to Miss. on business the vendor would have thousands upon thousands of crawdads. I would go nuts eating them. I haven't done that in 8 years now. Man I miss them. Unfortunately I had to come to this site and see pictures of the cook out. I hate you.

19. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i am going to post some pictures of the crawfish stew we cooked for good friday along with the recipe. and jerry k i don't know how bad you love craw fish but if it is possible to ship cod overnight . you can have your crawfish we send fresh shrimp to my sister n law in arizona on the over night thing .

20. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

oh yea about ****in the heads .if i'm correct don't the millitary teach you to eat bugs and stuff. at least these are cooked and thats where all the flavor is you put the crawfish head to your mouth and smash it and **** in the flavor . **** makes me wanna go boil another sack or two:)