close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some thoughts on stupidity . . .

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Big Dog, May 8, 2002.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The post on Sam and Cokie got me thinking. If blatant stupidity were made a criminal offense, the news media would be devastated. The halls of Congress would be a very lonely place. The highways would be clear of traffic. TV might be worth watching again. There'd be a lot of available property in Hollywood. The construction industry would be booming, with the need for more prisons. The small family gunshop might be a viable business again. Just some random thoughts.

:nod:

2. When I first saw your topic I thought you were looking for examples but then I saw you were describing the same example of blantant stupidity that I was going to describe. You are exactly on target.

"Pilots with guns scare ABC's Cokie Roberts because "airplanes are one of the few places I feel safe from guns. Having some pilot who's gone off his nut for some reason running around with a gun does not make me feel safe"

Hmmmmm...... Let's see Cokie, if some pilot were to go off nuts for some reason and he was flying your plane it doesn't make a difference if he has a gun or not, you got a big problem. Just ask the passengers of that Air Egypt airline where the pilot crashed the plane intentionally while the co-pilot was in the can.

3. Rooster

Rooster G&G Newbie

I'm all for gun rights but I just have one question. If the pilot and or co-pilot is out in the main cabin shooting at the bad guys, whose flying the plane? I think they have the best weapon in the plane itself. You know have some pre-arranged signal with the flight attendants, then bounce the bad guys off the ceiling and floor a couple of times to get thier attention. I know there would be a few civilans hurt but most would probably be buckled up. I also wonder what would happen if the pilot got the gun taken away.
    I just can't think of a simpler answer than ol' Archie Bunker " Just give everyone a gun"!!!!!!

4. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Gun useage

The actual provision for pilots to be armed would be for the cockpit only. The pilots were to use the gun IF and only IF the guy somehow busted open the door and got into the cockpit. The gun is never meant to be used outside of the cockpit area. If the pilots suspect a terrorist has taken control of the cabin areas they are to stay in the cockpit with the door locked and land the plane immediately.

But you probably did not hear this on the news.

5. What???

What?? The Nightly Network News not telling the WHOLE story???? I cannot believe that!!! LOL!!! :D

:jet:
    If I have to fly, then gimmie one of these!!