Somebody Stop ME!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gandog56, May 7, 2008.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Saw a Steyr M95 for $84.95 at SOG, had to get it. I knew getting this C&R was trouble!:34:

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

LOL Gandog! How do you like her?

3. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Just ordered her.....and the chargers, and the new brass, and the bullets, and the dies.....it just doesn't end.

Oh gawd, I need another rifle case now, too.:34:

4. Now you need a K98 and a 91/30 and a Enfield No4 Mark1 and a M1 Carbine and and and and... damm Im going out to find another now.

5. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

its to late to stop you.... now that hyou have your C&R its all over for your bank acount!

6. SwedeSteve

So sad, but true... alas' I knew poor Gandog well!

7. Paper

Paper I can justify anything. Forum Contributor

Don't forget to start shopping for gun safe(s)..

8. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Got the 91/30, now a K98 maybe If I ever get George's little incentive package.:09:

Looking at getting a CMP Garand, too.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  9. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

I really need to get a C&R!

10. Paper

:sad2:
    You don't know what you're getting into..
    :09:

11. FS00008

Well, considering my friend now eats Ramen most of the time in order to save enough to pay for new C&R rifles and pistols and ammunition... I think I know :-D

12. Paper

:cool2:

Yup.. You're aware all right..

Shopping at Aldi helps, too..:09:

13. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Potatoes and milk gravy for me.:09:

Just found out a little hitch in getting my incentive payment.

A. Taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loans or financial agreements with a tax professional, such as agreeing to have return preparation fees deducted from their refunds, cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get paper checks based on the paper check distribution schedule.

I did use another financial institution to pay for my tax prep charges. Looks like I have to wait for June 13th to get a check. Now a K98 and an SKS!

14. FS00008

Oh well, at least you're gonna be putting them to good use :-D.

15. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Ah, if you could only get a Garand at around the same prices!

16. SwedeSteve

Pillsbury makes Garands for $3.98 for a dozen.

17. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Well that was a first. Phone rang and I got a recorded message from UPS that I have a package being delivered tomorrow from Southern Ohio Gun, and somebody over 21 had to sign for it. I can only hope my Lee dies for 8X56R also arrive tomorrow!

Well it got here today. Could not for the life of me get the bolt out, and wasn't sure if there was some trick to it. No trick, the thing was almost welded shut by the cosmoline. But once I did get it out by brute force the old boiling water trick got her clean enough to start a thorough cleaning. Bore looks shiny and the lands look sharp. But my reloading dies aren't here yet and I have no ammo. Can't wait to get her to the range.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  18. I am still waiting for my renewal to come through. I sent in the paperwork in January or February and the license expired April 1. The BATF sent me a letter after I called about the license status and the letter extends the validity of the last license until the new one finally gets processed. They said that there was a backlog, but gee whiz!