Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time posting and new to forums.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help identifying what gun this goes to.
I have been looking all over the internet trying to find the make and model so perhaps I may eventually work to restoring the piece entirely.

unfortunately this is the only part I have possession and it has no make/ model or serial number indicated anywhere on it.

these are a few pictures of it.
If any of you would have a good idea of what it is, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,447 Posts
First off, welcome and please introduce yourself in the introduction section. Lotsa great people here. Have fun and enjoy the site.

We seem to get alot of guns or components in rough shape by new posters. It's not unlike a car in rough shape. In SOME cases (a very few) it might be worth restoring due to historical value. But those are few and far between. I don't think that'll be the case in your case. You have a minor caliber short barrel automatic slide assembly in very poor condition (like rusted and pitted). While it MIGHT be possible to restore it and mount it on a working frame, I can't see how it'd be worth it. The slide won't have the serial number; the serial numbers are stamped in the frame.

What would I suggest ? Buy a quality compact nine. Perhaps a Sig P365, Glock 43/43x, Smith and Wesson Shield, Springfield Hellcat, etc. Better to trade up to a modern corrosion resistant safe personal defense handgun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TXplt, thank you so much for the welcome and reply!

I agree, and I currently have a modern compact 9mm that I carry.
The reason I am more interested in repairing it is that my grandfather used to work on guns all the time and he passed away recently.
My family has been cleaning up around his house and we have found a bunch of gun parts in his barn that none of us knew about.
So I have been organizing his parts and trying to finish all of his projects he was not able to finish, this slide being one of them.
I already completed one of them, which was a p08 Luger, that I cleaned, de-rusted and purchased missing parts for (See Picture)
Believe it or not, it was in about the same condition as this slide I posted.

Though you are right that it may not be worth restoring, I would like to, as my family enjoys me picking up where he left off.

I have not been able to find any frames that this may have gone to, and it is just as like that he never had it to begin with.
So until the day that I may stumble upon it, I'm still going to try and find the make/model of this little handgun.

Thank you again for the reply!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe a nambu has a much larger trigger guard. Looks to me like a 08 luger.
Yes the latest picture is my P08 Luger.
The one I am having trouble with is the slide posted above it and here:

sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
If you want to find out who made that slide assembly perhaps the slide assembly can be dipped in a product called "evaporust" it is used on steel to remove rust and it does it with out using harsh chemicals. If you can get the barrel seperated from the slide that would be better but if not put the whole assy into a container with the evaporust and leave it in until the rust is disolved. I have used it on tooling, tools and small parts, it works well and cleans up easily. The slide looks familiar but it seems odd that it has a hole on each side of the slide in the lower section about 1-3/4" back...

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Interesting to see something like that. The grand father pistol and company of Keltecs. I've not seen one in a very long time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts