Something a little easier

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dailey, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Dailey

Dailey Guest

How about making things a little easier for newbies and oldies alike by putting the login option at the top of the page where it can be found! If the cookies get removed from a computer the automatic login doesn't work and it can be frustrating going aaallllll the way down to the bottom of the page just to login. Almost not worth the hassle to get to such a user friendly environment. This is my oppinion of this new stinking rotten hard to get around difficult to navigate lackluster politically correct sad excuse for a replacement of a forum.

Before you burn me at the stake, listen to this. The former forum was easy to navigate, easy to see when a new post was added, and in my opinion much more user friendly. It is now not possible to see what posts have been added at a glance. That was one of the biggest attractions for me on the old format. I know that this new format is easier to moderate and maintain, but if you build it they may not come after all. I know that the rantings of a disgruntled forum user are not worth much in the grand scheme of life but there has to be a way to make things a little nicer for the end user around here. As I recall, one of the selling points of this forum was the high number of users and "hits" and from the looks of things that has dropped considerably since the new format has been introduced. Just my $.02! :mad:

2. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

To the contray friend,

The site has grown more now, and is actually grown in more areas than what it just was, and has dropped in one part and made up in another type of deal....

But you do have a point about the login, and I can not promise anything, but I will see what can be done.

3. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

You can view all the new posts since your last visit by clicking "View New Posts" on the top right of the main forum page.

Jesse

4. azeeb

azeeb Guest

Is there some way you can make the a "View New Posts" button in each individual forum? That way people don't have to sort through posts in forums the aren't interested in. Or maybe you can make the current setup sort the New Posts by forum that they are in, rather than order them by posting time.

5. azeeb

azeeb Guest

Actually now i see there is a "go to first unread post" button in each forum. I learn a little more about this place every time i come here.

6. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

"How about making things a little easier for newbies and oldies alike by putting the login option at the top of the page where it can be found!"

I think I have tried my best to make it look presentable....I hope this helps :)