close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Something to be proud of

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BenP, Aug 15, 2002.

1. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I was asked last night to become a hunter safety education instructor by one of the most qualified individuals in our state. I feel honored, but I may decline the offer. It requires a committment of time that at present I am unable to provide. I would really like to, but I am busy working with my own kids right now, and that has to take priority over other's needs.

I wish I could quit this job and do these kinds of things more. Unfortunately, they don't pay volunteers much, so I guess I gotta compromise. And to think, I used to believe that if I could just get a job like this, I'd have it made. What was I thinking!!

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i feel your pain:( but like you said your own has priority:) but don't feel too bad:) i think you have lotsa company:cool: its an honor, just to be asked because they know the kind of guy you are!!!:nod:

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Man,do I know how ya feel. Between work and the stuff I have to do around the house just to keep things going,I find it hard to even get out to shoot for a few hours.

4. You could become an instructer and just do one segment, one night, which would be a great help to other instructers and it would let you know if this was something you wanted to do in future years.

I started out doing just the survival section of the Minnesota course. Then worked my way in to running my own classes.

I have not done any the last few years as work has gotten in the way for me too. It is a comitment! That is for sure. My classes got too big also. About 50 kids each. 12 kids is about the perfect size class.

Hud

5. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

I'm betting they asked the right man. It ain't easy deciding, but you will make the right choice.