Son shooing his M44

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Hog Red, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQsBFJf7Ho0]YouTube - MOV0A1.MOD[/ame]

I should have gotten a pic of the target, he got 4 out of 5 hits in the kill zone at 100 yds. Not bad for his third time shooting this gun. stripper clips would be nice, where's the best place to get them.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Pretty nice shooting!

3. looks Polish, is it?

4. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    nope, 1946 Izzy

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

The gun, or his son?

6. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    rofl!

7. Some how I think the camera stopped to soon, I pictured him walking off camera and in the distance you'd here OWWWWWWWWW!

Hehehe
    Seeya
    Mark

8. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

I bought stripper clips of amazon.com I bought like 4 packs of 5 and they work nice you just have to figure out how to use them. I put my thumb over the top of the top round and put my index finger and middle finger underneath the bullet area of the round and push down hard with my thumb and lift ever so slightly with my index and middle fingers to stableize the round and they all pop in flawlessly every time. It took a little practice to get it down but they work like a charm.......here are the ones i bought [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mosin-Nagant-pouch-Stripper-clip/dp/B000R845C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1285557877&sr=8-1-spell]Amazon.com: Mosin Nagant M44 M91/30 5 per pouch Stripper clip: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

9. I was told that those ones weren't very good.

I use ones that look like these and they work great.

http://www.m1surplus.com/mosin nagant stripper clips.htm

10. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

Well Ill tell you right now my buddies and I have had no problems with them. Most people that say there not good are people who cant figure out how to use them lol If someone were to have weak fingers or hands then yes I wouldn't recomend these cause you got to put a little muscle into it cause the little clip lookin things at the end are bent inward to keep the rounds from falling out so there is a little resistance when you go to push down but once that first one pops through they slide a little easier.

11. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    I'm the one with the hurting shoulder, gettin to old i guess.

12. pullnshoot25

pullnshoot25 G&G Newbie

I have a bunch of original Eastern European stripper clips for sale. PM me if interested.

13. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

My best stripper clips for Mosin Nagants are blued Bulgarian ones.

14. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Go to 7,62x54r.net and look at the design of the old clips as to the current production ones. It is obvious what you need to tweak then !!