Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My #2 son Joe has only hunted a few years and was trying for his first deer again this
year. (He's 50 yo btw). I just got an excited call from the field an hour or so ago.
Success!! He got a nice 4x3 California mule deer from premium zone X-1. He
uses a Marlin XL7 in 30-06.

zone X-1 is up next to the Oregon border and we're headed up there on Friday so
I can hunt the last two days of the season, Sat and Sun. But the pressure's off now
that Joe has his deer. He was able to send a picture from the field too! Ain't technology
wonderful! update: hanging weight 99lb (skined and sans head)

Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal Adaptation Snout

Plant Hunting Deer hunting Smile Military camouflage

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
21,447 Posts
That's fantastic Bob and a nice buck there ! I am happy for you both.

Hopefully my dad and I can hunt the woods of PA this November.

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
My #2 son Joe has only hunted a few years and was trying for his first deer again this
year. (He's 50 yo btw). I just got an excited call from the field an hour or so ago.
Success!! He got a nice 4x3 California mule deer from premium zone X-1. He
uses a Marlin XL7 in 30-06.

zone X-1 is up next to the Oregon border and we're headed up there on Friday so
I can hunt the last two days of the season, Sat and Sun. But the pressure's off now
that Joe has his deer. He was able to send a picture from the field too! Ain't technology
wonderful!
That's a great looking deer Bob and congratulations to your #2 son.
I hope you manage to score a deer too. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Beautiful buck !!

Reactions: TXplt and ChaZam

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That is a really nice deer. I now kill lots of big deer as I have an easy place to hunt with lots of the big guys. However, it took me 4 years to kill my first mountain deer in Colorado, so I know the frustration. That one has the look that I like on the wall, balanced and mature. More important is that he is not 16 or 20 year old kid, but older. He had the urge to make it happen and he did. it Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

That is a very special deer. Great job. Congrats to both father and son.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I saw a good deer dead beside the road earlier this week. I didn't see it get hit but it was still fresh. I really thought about calling the sheriff's department to come tag it for me. If I hadn't had a couple of hours worth of errands to run I would have grabbed it. It was gone when I came back up the road in the afternoon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts