close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Soros buys himself a DA

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by john_r, May 19, 2017.

1. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    "George Soros has all but bought another district attorney’s seat.

The left-wing billionaire turned the Philadelphia district attorney’s race on its head by giving $1.45 million to fund a super PAC in support of his preferred candidate, Larry Krasner. Krasner, a progressive lawyer who has never worked as a prosecutor, sailed to an easy victory in the Democratic primary on Tuesday. Because Philadelphia is a Democratic stronghold, Krasner’s primary victory all but guarantees him to win the general election in November.

The influx of money from Soros gave Krasner a significant leg up over his opposition. Despite splitting votes with six other candidates, Krasner, who was not a favorite to win before Soros’ investment, finished 18 points ahead of the second-place finisher. As one Philadelphia Inquirer writer put it after the billionaire’s investment: “Soros changed the game.”

Billionaire investor George Soros of Soros Fund Management attends the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos January 26, 2013. (REUTERS/Pascal Lauener)

The outcome of the Philadelphia district attorney’s race followed a now-familiar playbook. A candidate aligned with Soros’ left-wing politics emerged victorious thanks to the billionaire’s willingness to flood local races with the kind of capital typically reserved for important national political campaigns. Soros, a funder of Black Lives Matter, is a staunch advocate for reforming policing methods and softening drug laws. Installing like-minded district attorneys allows Soros the opportunity to influence law enforcement policies around the country.

In one such instance, Soros poured $600,000 into the Houston district attorney’s race last fall. Soros initially gave $100,000 to Morris Overstreet, a former judge who was the first African-American elected to a statewide office in Texas history. Overstreet’s Democratic primary opponent, Kim Ogg, called Soros’ influx of cash “a last-minute money dump to try to buy the nomination.” Ogg won the Democratic primary and later the general election, thanks in part to her own last-minute money dump from Soros, who spent $500,000 on ads supporting Ogg.

Soon after she was sworn in, Ogg moved to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana, placing her at odds with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ call for stricter enforcement of the nation’s drug laws.

Soros spent more than $7 million influencing local prosecutorial races in 2015 and 2016, The Washington Times reported.

It appears that Soros will continue involving himself in local races.

His intervention on behalf of Krasner was the first time in Philadelphia history that a super PAC had supported a candidate for district attorney, Philadelphia Magazine noted. Whitney Tymas, an officer for the Soros-funded super PAC, told the magazine that the money flowing to Krasner was “because of his commitment to public safety and criminal justice reform.” As he often does, Soros worked from the shadows — Krasner claimed Soros supported him despite the fact that he’s “never met” the billionaire or anyone from his organization. (RELATED: Leaked Docs Show How Soros Spends Big To Keep Populists Out Of Power In Europe)

“I think everybody realizes that the vast majority of police officers in Philadelphia are really good people,” Krasner said in a conciliatory victory speech. “Like me, they hate bad police officers and they need the backing of law enforcement to make sure that the good police officers are promoted, that the good police officers have room to do their job, that the good police officers are safe, and that the bad police officers who endanger them and who cause there to be disrespect and a rift between them and the community are out of the way.”

Krasner’s supporters, however, showed far less tact.

As the results rolled in, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, anti-police chants rang out from the crowd: “No good cops in a racist system!”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/18/george-soros-still-quietly-buying-district-attorneys-seats/

Rave and PAPA G like this.
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

WoW!!

If I had that kind of money I would literally buy a mountain or an island, move my family there with me and the general public would never see or hear from me again...

I truly don't understand these people's thought process...

Rave, PAPA G and jwrauch like this.

3. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Power. Ruling the world is history's oldest madman's dream.

Rave, PAPA G, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  4. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

I always knew I wasn't normal. lol I don't want power and I don't want to rule anyone. I just want to be left alone.

goat roper, Rave, PAPA G and 4 others like this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I think Trump needs to send a few cruise missiles to SOROS!

CountryBoy, jwrauch and Cyrano like this.
  6. Bestiverhad

Bestiverhad G&G Evangelist

Some people want a big house, a fast car, and lots of money.

Others just want a tiny cabin in the woods, away from those kind of people.

7. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Having failed to put his minion Sick Hillary into the White House, and unlike the Sea Hag knowing that her second failed run means she is an ex-parrot politically, I think the evil demon Soros is looking to create another minion he can control.

He buys this Larry Krasner today. 3 or 4 years from now, Krasner runs as a reform candidate and becomes mayor of "foul, foggy fuming, fetid Philadelphia." Krasner does things that will frost the cookies of honest gun owners everywhere. Soros bankrolls his run for the governorship of Pennsylvania. He gets in there and starts making a national name for himself. Maybe 4 years later, Soros bankrolls him for a run for the Jackass Partei's nomination for President. And provided he does not step on his crank between now and about 2030, he could have a serious shot at the job.

I believe that is Soros's long term game.

Rave and PAPA G like this.
  8. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Soros will be dead by then.

Rave, PAPA G and SUBMOA like this.
  9. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    He's certainly financing a boatload of candidates all across the fruited plain. Reminds me of The Boys from Brazil.

PAPA G likes this.
  10. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Soros, will be 87 in August. He has not a lot of time to make long chess moves for his political leanings. Hopefully he will round a corner to find a tall dark hooded individual holding a scythe in one hand and a empty hour glass in the other. Unless he has a mini me filling his dream perversions, I would assume that we have not a lot of soros's long game a head of us.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    CountryBoy, MoDoc and PAPA G like this.
  11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Soros seriously needs to be put DOWN, hard.

CountryBoy, PAPA G and SUBMOA like this.
  12. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wouldn't be the first time... he's done this about 8-14 other times now.

Another recent states attny who was losing up until the time she got a huge million dollar + campaign infusion from several Soros controlled funding groups was Democrat state's attny Aramis Ayala who refused against the victim's friend's and family's wishes to pursue the death penalty for Markeith Loyd who shot and killed both his pregnant ex girlfriend and an Orlando PD officer earlier this year.

FL Gov Rick Scott booted her off the case (as well as 22 other 1st degree murder cases) to a different prosecutor via executive order "in the interest of justice".

Interestingly enough she had in the past done death penalty cases... right up until she got the Soros cash contribution and won the election.

Huey Rider and PAPA G like this.
  13. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

He himself may not (hopefully) be long for this world, but his subordinates will likely continue to carry out his plans. As long as there is someone around with access to his money and plans they will continue to try.

CountryBoy, Cyrano and PAPA G like this.
  14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I dunno,I think that he is evil incarnate and is destined to me immortal and create hell on earth,like Herad wanted to by murdering Jesus and is worshiped today by many. I also believe that Soros is living his legacy. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

CountryBoy and PAPA G like this.
  15. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Big Dog

When the Dark Sith Lord finally goes to Hell, his male spawn will take over. Need to remove that entire evil family from The Game. No telling how much of the evils and horrors of the last six decades can be laid at Soros' feet.

PAPA G and Rave like this.
  17. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    I dunno, maybe his sons rebelled against dad like so many do.

PAPA G likes this.
  18. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I will point out that there was a reason barbarian tribes who conquered other tribes often started out by executing the chiefs and their families before either subsuming or enslaving the rest of the losing tribe.

PAPA G likes this.
  19. Big Dog

Johnathan is full on rabid libtard activist, following in Daddy's footsteps. Alexander is somewhat less so, but still very leftwing liberal. No info on the other three spawn.

PAPA G likes this.
  20. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    I wonder if they're into the same pedophile perversion as so many others of their ilk. At least that would be something to get them on.

PAPA G likes this.