close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sorry about the downtime...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, May 21, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Guys, I apologize about the downtime. We never lost the message board in a crash or anything like that... we had a hardware router problem on our server. We had to switch to another server in the process and that's what took so long. We basically spent all weekend trying to decide how we wanted to go about the switch and how to prevent this in the future.
    Kudos and a big thanks to Chris! He saved the database and found a new server in record time... I'm impressed.

We are looking into an alternate board as a failsafe on a completely different server. I don't want this to happen again.

Sorry again and thanks for not giving up on us!

Jesse :nod:

2. Jesse,

No need to apologize. In this world of modern electronic technology many things can happen and I'm sure everyone will understand.

I can only imagine the amount of time you two spent on this problem but I'm also sure everyone will appreciate your dilligence and hard, hard work....fer sure.

I am, and sure others are too, glad your back and ^5 to you and Chris.

3. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

I'll second that Dale!

4. Thank God you guys are back, I dont want to deal with that witch at jouster.com . She is very unprofessional in the way she handles her message board, and the way she deals with members that disagree with her. I was worried that you were gone for ever. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

No Problem Jesse this falls in the stuff happens category

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

DIDN'T REALIZE HOW MUCH I ENJOYED THIS FORUM UNTIL IT WAS DOWN! GLAD ITS BACK!

7. INTERNET SERVICES

AS I HAVE A INTERNET ACCESS COMPANY I FELT YOUR PAIN. JUST HANG IN THERE AND THINGS WILL WORK OUT.

DANA

8. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

H%*l, I even had to find a new hobby to do with my wife. (ha)

Jesse:

In addition to seconding (again) what the previous guys have said, this silence treatment was really getting scarey for me. H%*l, I even had to find another hobby to do with my wife.(ha)

Kept checking back on the internet and found the same statement about not finding a file server, etc. Tried searching all over the internet for g&g.com nothing came up. Thought you might have even been zapped by a terrorist who didn't like some of the thoughts expressed on a few of our open-ended discussion threads. Not so. Thank God you're back. I'm reminded again of the value of the value of quality workers who solve problems with their hands and heads.

One question I have is what kind of trouble can I get into next time something happens. (ha) Of course the nature of the technology beast is that eventually something will happen again and we are vunerable to those situations.

Thanks Chris/Jess for all the hard stressful work you've done during this recent communications crisis.

Oxford:nod:

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

OH YEAH PLUS I GOT SO BORED I BOUGHT TWO GUNS WHILE YOU WERE DOWN. I SEE THIS AS BEING YOUR FAULT SINCE IF YOU HAD BEEN ON LINE I WOULD HAVE BEEN SITTING AT MY COMPUTER AND NOT SHOPPING. PLEASE FIND ENCLOSED A BILL FOR $879.85 PAYABLE ASAP!!! LOL!

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I am glad you guys are back.

11. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Glad your back up...was down to visitning the local gun store and argueing with people about why they chose to buy this ammo or that calaber....I was runing out of stores that did not have restraining orders aginst me. Course I did get that part time job teaching english at the local high school.

12. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Thanks guys, this problem was with the server's router, which was due to faulty hardware and is really a "hands on" problem. Chris can explain in more detail, but basically we are considering having another GunandGame on another server as a backup to avoid problems like this in the future. I thank you for your understanding and hope we can avoid this type of problem in the future.

Jesse

13. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Doglips, I always imagined you as a teacher...LOL

It is great to have it back, no story telling there. We will make sure this never happens again.

14. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Didn't know what to do with myself,almost started to teach my dog not to attack people,now I don't have to do that at least. (I think he was a Police dog,he loves donuts and coffee.)

15. As was said above "stuff happens". I'm just glad you're back up, now I can get a "fix". I was afraid I was going to have to go to some other "dealer" to get one. HAHAHA just kiddin, really.:D

16. Wes, that is cold....COLD, ya hear?

I would never make fun of your occupation, or past occupations.

And, I feel that anyone who would make remarks such as yours would at least pass me the sugar jelly filled one....fer sure, LOL...he he he he.