Sorry, I Was Wrong!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MangesMade, Mar 25, 2002.

1. MangesMade

MangesMade G&G Newbie

"The Magnum" is on tomorrow night, Tuesday at 9pm and again at 1am...History Channel. Eastern Time.

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

You are forgiven my son..go in peace and transgress no more :)

3. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

MangesMade: Had my schedule all worked out to watch the "magnum" show tonight. Popcorn popped, fireplace burning, cold drink sitting next to me, all the right stuff was there. Discovered that another show was on and "magnum" was tomorrow.
    Worked out fine because the show tonight about a lost division during WWI was outstanding. Lots of close-up's of guns were shown, along with some gruesome war scenes.

Now I've got to tape the "magnum" show because I've got something else scheduled. Oh well, that's life when you're retired.

Oxford

4. Oxford, was that the movie "Lost Battalion" or was it a documentary? The movie was great as much as I hate to admit I liked Ricky Schroder.

5. not bad.

I also liked the movie, there where a few errors with it though, like the part where the SPAD 13 fighter is sent to "find"
    the lost battalion, it was really a british AIRCO DH.4(a 2 seat bomber) was used to find the lost battalion(I red it in one of ny many ww1 history books) did any one else notice that the troops where useing P-17 enfields???? im pretty sure that by september 12(1918) thay would have had enough m1903 springfields to go around and wouldnt have sent troops into the field with P-17(maybe reserve troops though). I kept waiting for the part when an unknown U.S. captain went around telling the troops "every thing is practically okay" but thay left that infamous line out(!) all and all it was still a very good movie, had some great shoot's of german soldiers with GEW.98's.

6. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    i watched it too, good movie. p-17's were the dominant weapon for americans during ww1 so i dont see anything wrong with that. now did you catch when a captain cocked the hammer back on his 1911 and then cycled the slide before firing-there was no ammo in the gun all you could see was the follower on the magazine, oh well maybe i nitpick too much. was good entertainment though.

7. I only saw the movie one time so I need to buy it off of the AE channel. Anyway, I was reading on another forum that some people saw some Enfields being carried by the US troops as they were walking right in the beginning of the movie. I came into 5 minutes late so I would've missed that. But, I did see the hammer get cocked back on a Colt .45 and then the slid got racked. What's with that? Can't wait to see it again to look for the weapons and errors.

8. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Skippy9821: Yes...it was the Lost Batallion. I've got CRS.

In case you're not familiar with these letters it means Can't Remember Sxxx.

Oxford

9. lefty'o, You missed the look on the Capt's face when he checked his 1911's chamber and found it was empty....(easier to check the chamber when the hammer is to the rear, also quieter)